SweetLabs is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our San Diego product team!
SweetLabs builds products that improve devices’ user experience, enable device manufacturers to monetize and differentiate their devices, and help advertisers reach millions of people.
We’re a fast-paced, fully-grown company with positive cash flow living the startup mentality. It’s all about making things happen. We invest in small, focused teams working quickly and evolving products rapidly. Think you fit the bill? Read on.
What you’ll do:
Imagine a place where talented and driven people band together into high performing teams. A place where love for customer experience and success are at the core. A place where everyone tells it like it is, tolerates minimal bullshit, and bureaucracy is hunted and squashed.
We need you to help design, build and scale our platforms and services. As part of one of our new product teams, you will leverage your full stack skills with emphasis on the back-end. Short development cycles consisting of both new and existing technologies mean there is always something interesting to work on.
What you bring:
- Proven experience in refining requirements into actionable engineering plans that deliver the envisioned results.
- A track record of delivering web services and applications with quality and responsiveness at scale.
- Deep understanding and experience with relational DB’s (SQL) and familiarity with non-relational data stores (NoSQL).
- Experience utilizing the latest cloud service offerings from Amazon and/or Google for production services.
- Skills of an excellent problem-solver, ability to recognize what is important and hustle to create and ship solutions.
- Mastery of expressing and explaining your decisions and opinions. Communicating them clearly, verbally or in writing as needed.
- You are driven, no one needs to push you to excel; it’s in your DNA.
- You are eager to try, tinker, adapt and perfect your work, because it’s a reflection of you.
- Sincere desire to work in a fun and highly motivated environment.
Bonus points for:
- Eagerness to be coached and mentor others with the willingness to work hard to grow your career.
- Mobile development experience.
- CS degree or similar.
Here’s What We Care About Right Now
- Mobile Tech
- PC Tech
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
Here’s How We Work
We Take an Incubation Approach
About every eighteen months we kick off a new product creation project. Either we assemble a team, or the company self-organizes one. Then we start exploring ideas and churning out software prototypes
We Have a Great Team
- Our founders worked together at another startup and, after that company’s IPO, launched SweetLabs. We're still hungry and it’s not just for money.
- You'll work with everyone in the company from C-Level to Entry-Level. We all mix and (surprise!) get to know each other. Everyone's’ contributions are recognized and valued.
We Support Exploration and Growth
- Have you ever tried to get your boss to give you some time to work on something cutting edge and found yourself “too valuable” to spare your time? Stop settling for leftovers. Eat dessert first.
- There are opportunities to work on innovative side projects. Here’s what we’ve worked on so far this year:
- Position based activities (recommendation, assistant)
- Community system for crowd-sourced geo information (photos, notes, apps)
- Foosball scoring device (we take our foosball seriously around here)
- We offer active mentoring and assignments that match your career goals. You tell us where you want to go, how you want to grow your skills, and how to be mentored. If you have a career at SweetLabs, you deserve to move forward. Our goal is to help you grow so much you'll outgrow us!
SweetLabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer focused on creating an inclusive workplace for all.