🌊SURFnCODE is a kind of startup builder/incubator—a startup that creates startups—based in Porto, Portugal. We were founded in 2018 by alumni from Skype, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon. We’re in a fun space in Matosinhos, with great food, public transit, and sunny beaches.
🔍We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team in Porto. Our ideal candidate is a passionate product manager who demonstrates business acumen, has a keen sense for current technologies and obsess over design and customer needs, and who has the entrepreneurial drive to create impactful products and businesses.
🏄♂️What you will do:
- Working in a leading role with our portfolio company founders, solution architects and customers from around the globe. You will gather business requirements and create a full fledged go-to-market plans and roadmaps
- Product discovery, ideation, market analysis, product development and customer success. You will determine industry trends, customer frustrations and potential opportunities utilizing innovation frameworks
- Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, you will detail both strategic and tactical plans for startup portfolio growth based on OKRs
- Direct collaboration with company founders to brainstorm, investigate, and prototype business and product concepts. You will provide direction and vision that fuels startup growth and market fit in product, design and business innovation
- Mapping customer feedback to the business, using product techniques such as Jobs To Be Done to clearly identify opportunities
- Working closely with Product Marketing / Analyst to conduct activities such as market research and pricing studies
- Definition of the KPI dashboards to refuel the product development with new insights. You will create experiments to rapidly invalidate assumptions
- Definition of a ROI driven backlog and prioritise for fast feedback using Scrum
- Working with designers in design sprints to iterate and refine UI/UX concepts
- Leading the product development team with data scientists, full stack engineers and designers, together with alumni from Skype, Apple, Amazon and Microsoft
- 4-5 years of experience deploying B2B or B2C products to global market audiences, having been through several product cycles
- Understanding of modern product frameworks (OKRs, JTBD, GTM, Growth Hacking)
- Lead multiple backlogs and Scrum teams as a Product Owner
- Understanding of complex software designs that include front end (web or app), back end (cloud, SAAS) and / or deep tech (ML, NLP)
- Run multiple A/B style tests and tracked KPIs daily, feeding this to the team
- Created long form documents e.g. blogs or multi page analysis
- Solid English speaking and writing
👌Nice to have skills:
- Built and manage product teams
- Experience in creating or working closely with a startup
- Experience reporting to C-Level executives
- Ability to travel from time to time
- Masters Degree or MBA
- Generous base salary and bonus compensation
- Stock options
- Surfboard and surf lessons
- Your own startup / idea time
- Fast-paced, fun and intellectually stimulating startup environment
- Training & conferences
- Health insurance
- Meal benefits
- Team getaways
👏We need someone who loves solving problems even if they’re not your own. You're obsessed about details, from pixels to filenames, while keeping business realities in mind. You enjoy working in fun and informal environments with diverse, international people.
📫If this sounds like something for you, please send us your CV and cover letter.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
Principals only; submissions from third-party agencies or recruiters are not accepted. We only consider applications submitted in English.