🌊SURFnCODE is a world-class startup studio based in Porto, Portugal. We were founded in 2018 by alumni from Skype, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon. We’re in a fun space in Matosinhos, with great food, public transit, and sunny beaches.
🔍We are looking for Software Engineers to join our team in Porto (Matosinhos). You will be building scalable, cloud-based products and services, working on interdisciplinary teams with experienced leaders from world-class technology companies.
We are welcoming applicants of different levels, from Junior to Principal.
- Proven industry experience building real-world web apps/cloud services, having gone through multiple product cycles
- Ability to write production-quality code using modern web technologies
- Understanding of UI/UX design, API design, QA, security, and performance issues
- Fluent in English with solid communication skills
👌Nice to have skills:
- Modern UI/UX design (CSS, responsive web, i18n, accessibility) and tools (we use Figma, Sketch)
- Data search and storage (SQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, S3, Kafka)
- Modern DevOps (CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code) as well as Unix sys admin, shell scripting
- Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Data visualization (e.g. D3.js)
- Mastery of bug tracking/task management (we use Jira) and version control (we use Git)
🛠️Our tech stack:
- Python 3/Flask/SQLAlchemy in the Back End
- Postgres (AWS RDS) and Nginx
- Docker, GitLab CI, Terraform, AWS
- Unix (macOS and Linux)
If you have proven industry experience with a different stack (Node, Ruby, Java, C#, .NET), we’d still love to talk with you.
- Generous base salary and bonus compensation
- Stock options
- Surfboard and surf lessons
- Your own startup / idea time
- Fast-paced, fun and intellectually stimulating startup environment
- Training & conferences
- Health insurance
- Meal benefits
- Team getaways
👏We need someone who loves solving problems even if they’re not your own. You're obsessed about details, from pixels to filenames, while keeping business realities in mind. You enjoy working in fun and informal environments with diverse, international people.
📫If this sounds like something for you, please send us your CV and cover letter.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
Principals only; submissions from third-party agencies or recruiters are not accepted. We only consider applications submitted in English.