🌊SURFnCODE is a kind of startup builder/incubator—a startup that creates startups—based in Porto, Portugal. We were founded in 2018 by alumni from Skype, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon. We’re in a fun space in Matosinhos, with great food, public transit, and sunny beaches.
🔍We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate networker who values meaningful connections and understands how to connect right people with right business projects. You will work with our team of founders on building relationships with new businesses, investors and partners.
📍We consider having this position either in London or Porto, or travelling between these cities.
🏄♂️What you will do:
- Evaluate, negotiate, and close key deals that help businesses, small and large, gain access to and value from SURFnCODE product studio
- Represent SURFnCODE in meetings with senior executives from other companies
- Build, foster and grow strategic relationship and ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Develop, establish and maintain impactful relationships with key ecosystem stakeholders from C-suite to engineers and other key decision makers
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, PR, Legal and leadership to deliver results
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Business Development, Product Partnerships and/or Product Management at large Tech platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships both inside and outside of SURFnCODE
- Experience in negotiating and closing complex, diverse, unique set of deals with top tech platforms and early stage startups
- Demonstrated success of initiating, launching and scaling partner products and programs
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and executive presence
- Passionate networker who enjoys meeting new people and support existing connections
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, and resourceful, with the ability to learn quickly about new technologies
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Computer Science or a related discipline is a plus
- Willing to travel
- Generous base salary and bonus compensation
- Stock options
- Surfboard and surf lessons
- Your own startup / idea time
- Fast-paced, fun and intellectually stimulating startup environment
- Training & conferences
- Health insurance
- Meal benefits
- Team getaways
📫If this sounds like something for you, please send us your CV and cover letter.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
Principals only; submissions from third-party agencies or recruiters are not accepted. We only consider applications submitted in English.