🌊SURFnCODE is a world-class startup studio based in Porto, Portugal. We were founded in 2018 by alumni from Skype, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon. We’re in a fun space in Matosinhos, with great food, public transit, and sunny beaches.
🔍We are looking for a Founder In Residence to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate product leader who is ready to build their next startup. You will work with our team on developing new business ideas with support in areas of development, design, product management, investment and partnerships.
📍We consider having this position either in London or Porto, or travelling between these cities.
🏄♂️What you will do:
- Lead the development of ideas and concepts into viable products that drive our portfolio companies.
- Determine industry trends by doing product discovery, ideation, market analysis, product development and validating customer success
- Work with cross-functional teams of designers, engineers and product managers to create new products across different platforms
- Work with our portfolio company founders, solution architects and customers from around the globe to gather business requirements and design growth strategies
- Interpreting data to defining objectives and KPIs
- Be responsible for the critical features and functionality of the product
- Direct collaboration with company founders to provide direction and vision that fuels startup growth and market fit in product, design and business innovation
- 7+ years in Product roles within startup environment with global market audiences
- You are a founder and industry expert with deep experience of leading businesses, working with customers and building tech products in a fast-paced environment
- The energy and commitment to take a rough idea from concept to product launch
- Open-minded leader who will persistently look for innovative solutions to complex problems
- Entrepreneurial mind with a passion for early-stage tech startups
- Fluent English, excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Computer Science or a related discipline is a plus
- Generous base salary and bonus compensation
- Stock options
- Surfboard and surf lessons
- Your own startup / idea time
- Fast-paced, fun and intellectually stimulating startup environment
- Training & conferences
- Health insurance
- Meal benefits
- Team getaways
📫If this sounds like something for you, please send us your CV and cover letter.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
Principals only; submissions from third-party agencies or recruiters are not accepted. We only consider applications submitted in English.