Director of Finance
SupplyPike is a fast-growing, well-funded startup with a big mission: building the software platform for collaborative supply chain. We're looking for a talented, self-starting, and high-performing finance professional who can work in a dynamic work environment. Reporting into the President, you’ll be responsible for creating and managing a finance and accounting function that makes a positive contribution company wide. The ideal candidate will have the desire and ability to grow and develop into a much larger role as the company grows.
We have developed a corporate culture allows us to meet the demanding needs of a fast-paced and innovative industry. We pride ourselves in creating an open, transparent, and collaborative work environment. Our work culture is based on a flat organization that relies heavily on peer-to-peer communication and decision making, in contrast to the traditional hierarchical decision making.
- Own the company's financial plan including regular updates and adjustments to the financial model and communication of key elements to the SupplyPike Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Complete monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis and drive accountability across the company.
- Conduct financial analysis and projections for key parts of the SupplyPike product portfolio. Work with the Business Development Team to create accurate revenue projection models.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as part of monthly close.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, preparing monthly reconciliations, roll forwards and other schedules as necessary.
- Evaluate new accounting and regulatory pronouncements to determine the impact to the company and implement necessary changes.
- Manage annual audits, including preparation of schedules and response to auditors’ requests.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Evaluate and implement financial and accounting systems.
- Recruit, develop and manage accounting and finance professionals.
- Education – A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting. MBA is a plus.
- Certifications – CPA
- Experience – Accounting or Corporate Finance experience of 4-6 years is required. SaaS or Software Industry is a plus.
- Skills – Requires advanced computer skills; Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word and Excel required; Knowledge of accounting processes and internal controls.
- Other Responsibilities - Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism; Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; Ability to maintain strict confidentiality; Responsibility will be varied and requires flexibility, understanding, and the ability to work independently at times.