SupplyPike is a fast-growing, well-funded startup with a big mission: building the platform for collaborative supply chain. We're looking for self-starting, database administrators and data architects who are creative problem solvers. These individuals will lead the technical direction of the teams and help manage databases which power applications that thousands of people use every day.
Our work culture is based on peer-to-peer communication and discourse, in contrast to traditional hierarchical decision making. We pride ourselves in creating an open, transparent, and collaborative work environment. We regularly set aside time to share knowledge, host town hall meetings, social events, and hackathons, and advocate for employees to use 10% of their work time for exploration to explore new concepts and technologies.
We use a wide array of database technologies - SQL Server, PostgreSQL
and Redshift. Our application stack is modern and built using Node.js, Python, React, Kubernetes, Docker, etc. (full list at https://stackshare.io/supplypike/default
- Plan, develop and deploy critical production database systems and BI infrastructure.
- Develop ad-hoc queries and reports on demand with short turnaround times.
- Perform database administration, including database refreshing, job monitoring, release deployment, installation, configuration, process monitoring, database backup & restore, and server upgrades.
- Computer Science/Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Firm grasp of foundational concepts- Entity Relationship Model, 3rd Normal Form, Index management, security & governance, OLTP & OLAP.
- Experience with SQL Server- In-depth understanding of stored procedures, functions, triggers, queries, etc.
- Experience in SSIS and SSRS solutions is a plus.
- Experience modeling dimensional data (Star Schema, Kimball, Inmon) is a plus.
- Experience in RedShift, Hadoop and Data Virtualization is a plus.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and share knowledge with the team, company, and wider external community.
- Strong work ethic and ability to flourish with minimal guidance.
Our relocation package to Fayetteville, Arkansas is generous. We want you and your family to feel at home in Northwest Arkansas's friendly and welcoming community. Our interview process consists of two steps: an initial interview (in-person or over phone) and a 2-3 hour onsite technical interview. Our technical interview does not involve tricky computer science questions or make you code on the whiteboard; however, we might ask you to work out a solution to a problem in your field of expertise.
About Fayetteville, Arkansas
The beautiful Fayetteville, nestled in the Ozark Mountains, consistently ranks in the Top-5 best places to live in the U.S (2017
) for its quality of life and cost of living, Top-3 city to found a startup (2016
), and Top-10 in job growth (2016
). In addition to being the home to two Fortune-100 and three Fortune-500 companies, Fayetteville also has a strong entrepreneurial community with a growing number of startup companies.
If we haven’t answered your question here, please feel free to reach out directly to the Director of SupplyPike, TJ Sangam, at email@example.com.