Here at Summit, we believe it takes more than quality AV equipment to get the message across. It takes quality people. And people are the driving force behind everything we do. Our mission is to equip churches across the nation with the audio, video, and lighting tools they need to effect real change in their local communities as well as the global community at large. Does that sound like something you can get behind? Good, you’re in the right place!
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a candidate to fill the role as a CAD Designer. The ideal person will be highly detail-oriented, have a strong interest in technology, be interested in learning detailed information about equipment, connectors and signal-types, as well as workflows in complex audio, video, lighting, and acoustic systems.
You will coordinate with project managers, company installation teams, and contractors to correlate all relevant information on projects. You will model 3D spaces and coordinate placement of systems equipment that will have a direct influence on the installation and finished project. You will verify dimensions, create system power requirements and schedules, and draw interior elevations, schematics, wiring diagrams, rigging details, and more.
- Collaborate with engineering and sales to understand AVL system design intent
- Create full sets of design, construction, and installation documentation using industry standard CAD platforms
- Revise drawings as may be required based on engineering feedback
- Generate schedules and wire pull sheets using Microsoft Excel and Google Docs.
- Maintain company block library, and spot check for CAD standards compliance
- Verify dimensions, create system power requirements and schedules
- Draw interior elevations, schematics, wiring diagrams, rigging details, and more
- 3+ years experience in CAD/Vector based software platforms such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, and/or Revit
- Graphic Design experience is a plus
- Ability to find problems before they occur
- Strong 3D spatial awareness. Able to visualize an environment and “see” things before they exist
- Audio/Visual/Lighting background design experience highly preferred but not required
- We are based in Colorado, so you must live here or be willing to relocate
- Experience with technical stage production and related systems is preferred but not required
- Occasional travel may be required for this position
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision coverage supported by the company
- Annual bonus
For more information about Summit, our business, and other career opportunities please visit www.summitintegrated.com