Here at Summit, we believe it takes more than quality AV equipment to get the message across. It takes quality people. And people are the driving force behind everything we do. Our mission is to equip churches across the nation with the audio, video, and lighting tools they need to effect real change in their local communities as well as the global community at large. Does that sound like something you can get behind? Good, you’re in the right place!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Project Controllers are a part of our Execution and Integration team, which handles some of the most important aspects of an AV System install project. The ideal Project Controller is someone who is able to see the full scope of a project, from the little details to a bird’s eye view of the entire process.
Clear communication and an understanding of the logistical aspects of an AV install project are crucial skills for a Project Controller. This role oversees the planning and execution of the entire install process, from booking travel to renting scissor lifts to making sure that everyone in the field has the info they need to execute their tasks well. Seeing the beauty in the details in necessary to succeed in this role as there are many details to manage for every project.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Passionate about our customer and executing every detail of a project with quality and follow-through
- Humble attitude. Willing to do anything that is required to get the job done
- Relationship driven. A hospitable and personable demeanor while communicating, whether by phone, email or face to face, displaying our likable and relational values.
- Driven. Operates with a sense of urgency and “hustle”
- Ability to handle multiple projects and details at the same time. Detail-oriented is just the tip of the iceberg
- Able to demonstrate operational expertise confidently in project and logistic environments
- Flexible and efficiency-driven. Working with internal staff to understand what is needed to successfully complete a project, and adapting to any changes, making it work for the best interest of the customer.
- Ability to problem-solve, while being conscious of budgets, timeline, and impacts on other projects and internal staff
Logistics and Scheduling
- Understand overall project scope and cost targets, to determine the number of employees and trips needed for each project
- Coordinate with other Project Controllers, Director of Operations, and Director of Prep & Field Support on establishing tentative schedules for project milestones
- Create install schedule
- Communicate project milestones to internal staff, and regularly follow up to ensure projects stay on schedule
- Create project itineraries which depict the logistic specifications of each install trip
- Book travel (i.e. hotels, flights, rental cars, etc.) for field employees
- Communicate with General Contractor, Install Manager, and Project Manager to confirm need and delivery of all lifts/forklifts/storage/security
- Coordinate with Purchasing to determine the dates and location product should be delivered
- Schedule and lead necessary meetings to ensure successful execution of projects
- Maintain project updates and to-do’s within project management software, keeping up to date at all times
- Monitor project management software for pending questions and assign tasks to appropriate individuals
- Regularly communicate with necessary parties to ensure project milestones are met fully and in a timely manner
- Monitor order sheets to ensure needed product is reviewed and ordered in respect to the overall schedule
- Communicate regularly with, and provide support to Install Managers to obtain progress of installs and disseminate progress to Project Managers and other internal staff
- Communicate regularly with Project Managers to ensure all of the client’s needs are met with respect to timeline, execution, and overall satisfaction
- 2+ years of project coordination/management experience in the Audio/Visual/Lighting industry or construction field
- We are based in Colorado, so you must live here or be willing to relocate
- Flexible Paid Vacation
- Medical, dental, vision coverage supported by the company
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Potential for bonus on an annual basis
- 401k Company contribution
For more information about Summit, our business, and other career opportunities please visit www.summitintegrated.com