StreamSets has backing from top-tier Silicon Valley VC’s, founders that have a deep understanding of the market, and a world-class engineering team that has delivered an award-winning, disruptive technology built from the ground up for the modern multi-cloud, big data world. Our motto is “been there, done that, do it right.” Our loyal customers include some of the world’s largest enterprises across all verticals. We are entering a phase of hyper-growth, having quadrupled in revenue Y-o-Y last year. We offer highly competitive cash compensation, stock options, full medical and dental benefits, generous parental leave and world-class PTO. In 2017, StreamSets was recognized by Fortune as #3 Best Small and Medium Companies in the nation. Come be a part of our diverse, dynamic team!
StreamSets’ Software Engineers in Support are comprehensive product experts. We collaborate with our customers, business teams, and development teams, continually building upon and applying our deep technical knowledge and skills across the product suite at every level.
Software Engineers in Support spend their time working on projects that affect many parts of the organization, contributing bug fixes, advocating for features with the product team, and managing Customer expectations. We collaborate with a great team of engineers working on various technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Mesos, Docker, and many other open source and proprietary projects and frameworks. We have a bias towards action and have a deep empathy for our Customers’ most critical issues.
We solve important problems and provide tangible solutions in uniquely collaborative and creative ways; we are integral to the success of StreamSets.
In this role you will:
- Work with the broader engineering team to deliver critical functionality necessary for the success of our customers.
- Diagnose and resolve issues encountered in the field
- Provide education and guidance on configuring and working with StreamSets products to prevent problems before they occur
- Contribute to the end-to-end quality of the product by verifying fixes and advocating for improvements
- Coordinate and manage customer contact for critical product issues
What you have:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Server-side or backend programming experience in Java or other mainstream languages
- Ability to compile and install Linux applications from source
- Experience with Distributed File Systems
- Support/troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Networking, Hadoop core, HBase, HIVE
o Linux and or Unix environments
o Scripting at the command line level for Linux
o Enterprise storage, databases or high-end server solutions
o Virtualized environments such as ESX, Xen, KVM, or AWS and EC2
o NAS and/or SAN
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.) and ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues in a Linux or Windows environment