Job: Director of ISV Alliances
At StreamSets, we uniquely provide “Air Traffic Control” for data in motion. We are disrupting legacy data integration technologies, and helping enterprises reign in the complexity of their Cloud and Big Data platforms. Our customers range from mid-size enterprises to the world’s largest, and span all verticals. Our business is growing rapidly, having quadrupled in revenue Y-o-Y. We have great momentum in customer acquisition and penetration and our retention rates are well over 90%. Our motto is “been there, done that, do it right.” We have a great work environment, and were recognized by Fortune as #3 Best Small and Medium Companies in the nation for 2017. Come make an impact and be a part of our success!
The company is located in the Bay Area and the majority of the R&D team is based there.
Job Title: Director of ISV Alliances
The Alliance role is a key function in StreamSets go-to-market plan. This role is critical in supporting StreamSets efforts to build a world-class ecosystem of partners who are highly strategic to the company's long-term goals. The person in this role will be responsible for the overall ongoing engagement with strategic ISVs including Cloudera and MapR and other technology partners.. This position requires a deep understanding of overall Data Management, Big Data and Analytics market. We are looking for self-driven, intelligent, and results-oriented leaders with good analytical skills who can guide StreamSets towards right partnerships to invest and amplify market reach.
Location: United States (preferred location is Bay Area but right candidate is more important)
- Bachelor's degree. MBA a plus. Technical competence preferred.
- 8+ years of enterprise software sales, product management and/or alliance management experience required, with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working both in smaller and larger company environments, and with partners of different sizes.
- Understanding of analytics and data management software business.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
Required Skills and Experience
- Drive StreamSets ISV Partnership and GTM strategy in a fast paced startup environment, where project selection is as important as project rejection
- Willingness to get hands dirty with stand out communications skills and high energy level. Having strong problem solving skills is required to succeed in the job
- Ability to prioritize initiatives to maximize the value of the partnership. Ability to focus and motivate internal and external teams to deliver agreed-upon goals.
- Ability to manage tactical, day to day items while making steady progress on strategic initiatives.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for solution development, including technical integration. Ability to define and prioritize requirements, and help product management and engineering deliver the integrations in priority order
- Experience with the Salesforce.com platform and passionate about analytics based operational efficiency
- Superior presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Collaborate closely with the Sales, Presales, Product Management, Marketing and R&D functions to ensure constant collaboration and synchronization between the sales process and partners engagements
Additional Skills and Experience
- Manage and drive partnership across joint sales, marketing, and solution development.
- Manage partner relationship success and satisfaction with stakeholders inside StreamSets including Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Community and Sales
- Collaborate cross functionally with Sales, Legal, Marketing etc to drive a successful ISV programs
- Lead sales, technical and marketing enablement effort for all ISV partners
- Collaborate with Partner's marketing team to drive joint marketing activity. Drive creation of success stories with partners and help develop joint GTM plans to help drive Partner sales
- Maintain Partner business KPI dashboards and reporting for efficient tracking of ROI and ISV partner investments for Business Development organization
- Develop strong executive relationships and champions within partner organizations
- Drive training and partner enablement for sales and technical pre-sales organizations on product specific qualification process, “how to sell” and win strategies, and engagement best practices to be used in prospective accounts
- Manage regular business reviews between StreamSets and assigned partners. Also maintain joint partner pipeline and drive weekly partner pipeline calls along with Channel Manager
- Constantly learn and develop expertise not only in StreamSets as new functionalities are rolled out but also the ecosystem with Big Data technologies to better drive technological and partnership strategies
- Work with existing US and INTL partner field organizations to define and execute joint sales and go to market strategy