Job: Solutions Architect - West
At StreamSets, we uniquely provide “Air Traffic Control” for data in motion. We are disrupting legacy data integration technologies, and helping enterprises reign in the complexity of their Cloud and Big Data platforms. Our customers range from mid-size enterprises to the world’s largest, and span all verticals. Our business is growing rapidly, having quadrupled in revenue Y-o-Y. We have great momentum in customer acquisition and penetration with retention rates well over 90%. Our motto is “been there, done that, do it right.” We have a great work environment, and were recognized by Fortune as #3 Best Small and Medium Companies in the nation for 2017. Come make an impact and be a part of our success!
The company is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and the majority of the R&D team is based there.
Location: San Francisco / Sunnyvale
Solutions Architects are a part of the Professional Services team. Solutions Architects are not a typical consultant – you will be responsible for making our most strategic customers successful.
You will lead short to medium term engagements at the client location focusing on getting the product up and running, conducting architecture and use case reviews, sizing & tuning StreamSets products. This team solves real world problems related to data ingestion, data drift and data movement.
Solutions Architects are the primary technical resource for the delivery of consulting. You would be responsible for actively driving and managing all technical aspects of the post-sales process, working in conjunction with the customer success and pre-sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Solutions must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Help our customers succeed by solving their challenging business and technical problems using the StreamSet product suits.
- Help customers operationalize and deploy the StreamSets products being the primary technical advisor on best practices not just with StreamSets but also the surrounding ecosystem of products such as Hadoop, Kafka, RDMBS, NoSQL, Cloud etc.
- Assist with all phases of StreamSets implementations, starting with installation, architecture design and review, deployment topology planning, tuning and providing best practices
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, tooling, benchmarking, troubleshooting
- Work closely with the sales team and pre-sales team on technical escalations and help grow opportunities in existing accounts
- Assist with customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain the StreamSets technology and architecture
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape
- Build strong relationships with our customer's technical and non-technical staff
- Articulate product positioning and competitive differentiation to both business and technical users ranging from individual contributes to VPs to C-level executives
- Work with customers, partners, and engineers to craft and propose solutions
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel 50% across the Americas and if required Globally
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software consulting and knowledge of technology. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Must be able to get into the weeds and build credibility in front of rooms of data engineers. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate adoption and deployment obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Travel requirements up to 50%.
- 5+ years experience in consulting for enterprise software ideally with Data and/or Data Integration industry experience, with a focus on ETL, analytics applications, and Big Data / Hadoop
- Strong Linux experience required
- Understanding of JVM internals is a strong plus
- Experience programming/scripting with Java, Perl, Python, Unix Shell scripts is a plus
- Strong background Application design and development, Systems administration, Database administration, Data architecture and design, Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Experience engaging with developers and programming experience in at least two of Java/Python/Scala
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to large audience
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment highly desired
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time is required