Job: Mid-Market Account Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Are you ready to join one of the most visionary and fastest growing Big Data companies in high technology? Are you ready to be part of a unique culture of transparency and integrity? Are you ready to get on the fast track to a career in high tech field sales? If so, a career as a Mid-Market Account Manager at StreamSets will be a great fit and we would love to talk with you.
StreamSets is redefining how companies view their Big Data and ETL tool investments by making it simple to develop batch and streaming dataflows, operate them with full visibility and control, and easily evolve architectures over time. StreamSets is gaining worldwide recognition for helping to empower the development of big data systems as well as easing development.
StreamSets is looking to add a top talent Mid-Market Account Manager, who will contact prospects daily via phone, email and social networking to identify, manage and close opportunities through all sales stages. You will conduct regular prospecting and sales calls to target accounts via online meetings, both phone and web. Using your strong prospecting, account management and closing skills, you’ll achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline and forecast goals as well as other defined objectives.
This position is based in our Austin office (Arboretum).
As an individual contributor, you will need to be able to drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales. Some other responsibilities will include:
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the StreamSets technology, industry trends, and competition.
- Record daily sales activates in our CRM system to track interaction with prospects and customers.
- Consult with prospects about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and cost benefits of each
It would be great if you had:
- 3 years of previous software sales quota carrying individual contributor experience
- Demonstrated success navigating complex sales cycles and closing deals
- Knowledge of Big Data, ETL, or Business Intelligence markets a plus
- Exceptional attitude and team player
- Aptitude to learn nuanced messaging and positioning of a mature technology platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive and driven work ethic
- Excellent phone manner and fearless attitude when it comes to picking up the phone
StreamSets offers comprehensive medical coverage with premiums paid for employee and family members. We also offer paid maternity and paternity leave. 401K, yes, we match up to 4%! We thrive to provide a healthy work/life balance. In the Austin office, we host monthly happy hours and offer free lunches and snacks! StreamSets is a FUN place to work!
StreamSets provides an innovative software platform for data in motion that reinvents how enterprises deliver timely and trustworthy data to their critical applications. Founded by former leaders at Informatica and Cloudera, the company is backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms. Coming off a calendar year with 5X revenue growth, StreamSets was one of four companies recognized as a Cool Vendor in Gartner, Inc.’s “Cool Vendors in Data Management, 2017
” report.* Separately, StreamSets was ranked No. 3 on the FORTUNE and Great Places to Work national list of “2017 Best Small & Medium Workplaces