At StreamSets, we uniquely provide “Air Traffic Control” for data in motion. We are disrupting legacy data integration technologies, and helping enterprises reign in the complexity of their Cloud and Big Data platforms. Our customers range from mid-size enterprises to the world’s largest, and span all verticals. Our business is growing rapidly, having quadrupled in revenue Y-o-Y. We have great momentum in customer acquisition and penetration and our retention rates are well over 90%. Our motto is “been there, done that, do it right.” We have a great work environment, and were recognized by Fortune as #3 Best Small and Medium Companies in the nation for 2017. Come make an impact and be a part of our success!
StreamSets is looking for strong Solutions Architects in multiple locations across the United States.
- Drive progress towards successful sales, working alongside Account Executives
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings and demos to proofs of concepts to implementations and customer success
- Build strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff
- Articulate product positioning and competitive differentiation to both business and technical users ranging from individual contributes to VPs to C-level executives
- Work with customers, partners, and engineers to craft and propose solutions
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Must be able to get into the weeds and build credibility in front of rooms of data engineers. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Travel requirements up to 50%.
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in enterprise software sales
- Previous startup experience
- Strong Linux experience required
- Understanding of JVM internals is a strong plus
- Experience programming/scripting with Java, Perl, Python, Unix Shell scripts is a plus
- Data industry experience, with a focus on ETL, analytics applications, and big data
- Experience with the Hadoop, Spark, search (Elasticsearch/Solr/Splunk), NoSQL a strong plus
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred