is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company that provides high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients. We are looking for a talented and passionate Information Systems Security Officer III
who would support one of our clients located in the Annapolis Junction, MD
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
As the Information Systems Security Officer III, you will provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program, and will propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies. In this role, you will maintain operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. The ISSO assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system and evaluates security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information. You will perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis, provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware, manage changes to the system and assess the security impact of those changes. Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc., to include system upgrades
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system
- Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
- Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
- Manage and control changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes * Obtain C&A for ISs under their purview
- Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
- Serve as the Approval Authority for ISs under their control
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives
- Provide daily oversight and direction to contractor ISSOs
- Serve as an ISSM
- TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience is to include at least three (3) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I or higher is required.
STRATUM NETWORKS OVERVIEW:
Stratum Networks is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company with expert knowledge of implementing secure infrastructure, providing security integration, development, assessment and training solutions. Our high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients create robust, secure network infrastructure, policies, and procedures for local and global, terrestrial and satellite networks.
As leading experts in their fields, our certified and highly experienced network, software development, IT support and security professionals are able to provide the necessary design, implementation, and consulting services to meet the demanding requirements of mission-critical networks. To learn more, visit www.stratumnet.com
Stratum Networks, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.