is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company that provides high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients. We are looking for a talented and passionate Linux Administrator 1
who would support one of our clients located in the Annapolis Junction, MD
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
As our Linux Administrator 1, you will provide intermediate/advanced Linux user and server support. Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- User account administration, kick start installations, virtual server deployments, software installation, system updates, troubleshooting linux operating system and hardware failures, monitoring servers for health and status.
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyze system requirements and lead design and development activities.
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develop technical documentation.
- Develop system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidate should be proficient in the following: DNS, NFS, yum, LVM, rsyslog, VMware, Centrify, SAN configuration on physical server, networking, Big Brother/Xymon, Puppet, clustering, shell and Python scripting.
- Candidate must also have a working understanding of AWS and cloud computing.
STRATUM NETWORKS OVERVIEW:
Stratum Networks is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company with expert knowledge of implementing secure infrastructure, providing security integration, development, assessment and training solutions. Our high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients create robust, secure network infrastructure, policies, and procedures for local and global, terrestrial and satellite networks.
As leading experts in their fields, our certified and highly experienced network, software development, IT support and security professionals are able to provide the necessary design, implementation, and consulting services to meet the demanding requirements of mission-critical networks. To learn more, visit www.stratumnet.com
Stratum Networks, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.