is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company that provides high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients. We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Network Engineer 3
who would support one of our clients located in the Annapolis Junction, MD
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
As the Senior Network Engineer 3, you will provide assistance in all aspects of network management, from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Additional responsibilities could include:
- Analyzing design, specifications, and related documents.
- Implementing communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment.
- Analyzing network characteristics (e.g., traffic connection time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughputs).
- Troubleshooting problems and recommending procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
- Designing solutions, integrating, configuring, deploying, testing and providing support for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
- Optimizing end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Configuring and optimizing the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
- Facilitating the implementation of high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to WAN and LAN design.
- Validating new and existing dataflow and data formats.
- Managing assigned tasks and providing guidance to junior Network Engineers.
- Recommending corporate solutions to resolve security requirements.
- Supporting the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Twelve (12) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years’ experience with the following Network Tools: Whats Up Gold and Netflow.
- Three (3) years’ experience with DCID 6/3 and/or Intelligence Community Directive 503, “Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation”, dated 15 September 2008.
- Three (3) years’ experience creating firewall rule sets from analysis of network traffic.
- Three (3) years’ experience with component validation of security devices.
- Three (3) years’ experience integrating boundary solutions into customer networks.
- Three (3) years’ experience configuring switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Security + Certification required.
- Experience in at least one of the following is required: DMVPN, Blue Coat product line, ASAs, HPNA, or General Firewalls.
STRATUM NETWORKS OVERVIEW:
Stratum Networks is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company with expert knowledge of implementing secure infrastructure, providing security integration, development, assessment and training solutions. Our high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients create robust, secure network infrastructure, policies, and procedures for local and global, terrestrial and satellite Networks.
As leading experts in their fields, our certified and highly experienced network, software development, IT support and security professionals are able to provide the necessary design, implementation, and consulting services to meet the demanding requirements of mission-critical networks. To learn more, visit www.stratumnet.com
Stratum Networks, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.