is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company that provides high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients. We are looking for a talented and passionate Software Engineer
, who would support one of our clients located in the Annapolis Junction
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
This position is for a Software Engineer, who will work on our project developing new software in support of critical mission work. Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based on documented requirements.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolve software problem reports.
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Work individually or as part of a team.
- TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline or technical field. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Ability to design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Experience debugging existing software and correcting defects.
- Ability to integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operations environments.
- Experience developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Comfort providing recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Experience with Java, IBM Rational, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SDLC using the Agile software development process.
STRATUM NETWORKS OVERVIEW:
Stratum Networks is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company with expert knowledge of implementing secure infrastructure, providing security integration, development, assessment and training solutions. Our high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients create robust, secure network infrastructure, policies, and procedures for local and global, terrestrial and satellite networks.
As leading experts in their fields, our certified and highly experienced network, software development, IT support and security professionals are able to provide the necessary design, implementation, and consulting services to meet the demanding requirements of mission-critical networks. To learn more, visit www.stratumnet.com
Stratum Networks, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.