When you close your eyes at night, do you dream of writing perfect code in an awesome spaceship? And on the craft is a team of your amazing friends who encourage and challenge you to be better than you were the day before? Well, we’re still working on that spaceship part, but we at Stratum Networks
think we can offer you the rest of that dream.
We are looking for a true adventurer, an innovative and passionate Software Engineer (Level 1) in the Annapolis Junction area, who can take our company and clients out of this world and rocket-launch us into the next galaxy. Is it you, traveler?
This position is for a Software Engineer, who will work on our project developing new software in support of critical mission work. Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based on documented requirements.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolve software problem reports.
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline or technical field. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a software engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Experience with Java, IBM Rational, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SDLC using the Waterfall software development process.
STRATUM NETWORKS OVERVIEW
Stratum Networks is a rapidly growing information assurance and cybersecurity solutions company with expert knowledge of implementing secure infrastructure, providing security integration, development, assessment and training solutions. Our high-end network and security consulting to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients create robust, secure network infrastructure, policies, and procedures for local and global, terrestrial and satellite networks.
As leading experts in their fields, our certified and highly experienced network, software development, IT support and security professionals are able to provide the necessary design, implementation, and consulting services to meet the demanding requirements of mission-critical networks. To learn more, visit www.stratumnet.com
Stratum Networks, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.