US Sales Manager, Story Terrace – Beverly Hills
Story Terrace’s uses a pool of 600 professional writers and proprietary software to turn anyone’s life story into a book from just $2,000. The company’s mission is to capture 1 million life stories by 2028.
Story Terrace is run by an experienced management team with backgrounds in venture-funded tech startups and private equity. It has offices in Beverly Hills and London. The company is backed by the founders of two unicorns.
Story Terrace is growing strongly year after year. The company is about to complete a financing round to gear up its awareness strategy and is now looking to hire a Sales Manager to grow the US sales team by 10x over the next two years. The position will be located in the Beverly Hills office.
- Lead and scale a team from 4 to 40 salespeople
- Drive and own the overall performance including performance analysis, hiring, onboarding, motivation, process improvements, scripts, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Communicate closely with our marketing leadership
- Build a winning culture celebrating success and enthusiastically tackling challenges
- Ability to communicate and connect with all levels of personnel
- Manage our outsourced call center service to ensure performance and quality of service
- 4+ years experience managing sales teams in a high growth B2C sales environment
- Ability to both set strategy and follow through on tactical implementation and execution of initiatives
- Entrepreneurial approach to challenges: being resourceful, scrappy, and not afraid to take calculated risks
- The desire to dive headfirst into an early-stage tech startup environment
- Manage by walking around with excellent interpersonal and communication skills connecting with staff and managing change - culture is an essential part of this team
- Analytical, curious and data driven - the intellectual horsepower to become an expert in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning for years to come
- Ability to utilize and implement technology to drive tests and process improvements - we never stop refining, educating, and learning
- A drive for both personal and team success
- Experience working with Hubspot or other CRMs
What we offer:
- OTE from $80,000 - $120,000 (combination of 75% base + 25% on target bonus)
- Open vacation policy
- Opportunity to help build a unicorn and market leader of a new product category
- Fast-paced, supportive and fun work environment, selling a meaningful product
- An international environment, working with our American, British, and Dutch teams
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs that have helped build companies backed by some of the world’s best VCs (e.g. Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Okapi Ventures, etc.)
Think you are a fit? We welcome you to apply and complete our short questionnaire!