Story Terrace’s mission is to make it easy to capture life stories so they can live on from generation to generation.
Through an innovative process, Story Terrace matches its clients with a ghostwriter, who will capture their life stories through intimate in-person interviews. We use our proprietary software to turn professional writing and our customers’ photos into beautifully designed books.
Story Terrace is run by an experienced management team with backgrounds in venture-funded tech startups and private equity companies. The company is backed by the founders of two unicorns!
We are looking for a driven, early career sales professional to generate leads and create new customer opportunities. This position will be located in our Beverly Hills, CA office.
Since its founding in 2014, Story Terrace has grown strongly year over year. Over the last 12 months, US sales grew nearly 200%. Our offices are in London and Los Angeles, powered by a global pool of 500 talented ghostwriters.
- Proactively reach out to predetermined prospects by phone and email
- Support the Sales Manager with CRM management and customer interface
- Follow up on referrals and inbound website leads
- Work directly with our Management Team to advance the company sales strategy
- Communicate closely with the Editorial and Marketing departments when applicable
We’re looking for the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in business and sales through relevant experience or education
- The desire to dive headfirst into an early-stage tech startup environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, email and organizational skills
- You should be detail-oriented – a great writer, speaker, and listener
- A drive for both personal and team success
- A passion for happy prospects – set the stage for effective sales follow-up
- Adaptability – evolve quickly in our rapidly changing environment
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning for years to come
- Proficient in GSuite, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Hubspot or other CRMs is a plus
What we offer:
- On target earnings of $40,000 - $50,000
- Open vacation policy & flexible work hours
- Sales coaching and training directly from the US Sales Manager
- Ownership of your own assigned leads and deal pipeline
- An international startup environment, working with our American, British, and Dutch teams
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and fun work environment, selling a meaningful product
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs that have helped build companies backed by some of the world’s best VCs (e.g. Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Okapi Ventures, etc.)