The Renovation Technician is responsible for performing renovation work for apartment make-readies and larger renovation projects. His or her primary focus will be on performing rough and finish carpentry work in such projects. Secondarily, there will be occasional general maintenance, repairs, and light rehab work to multi and single-family buildings managed by our Property Management Department. The Renovation Technician must be able to work independently without direct supervision in the field while observing all health and safety guidelines. The ideal candidate will ensure that tasks are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service and protecting company assets. This position will require someone with knowledge of local building codes and a comfort level in working with older buildings (100+ years).
Primary Field Responsibilities
- Rough carpentry work including framing for walls, doors, windows, small decks, porches, fencing, and siding.
- Finish carpentry work like installing trim, cabinetry, flooring, and stairs.
- Install, tape, and mud drywall, repair cracks and damage to walls, and painting.
Secondary Field Responsibilities
- Basic Electrical - Replacing receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Basic Plumbing - Repairing or replacing sinks, tubs, and toilets, installing fixtures, repairing leaks, and installing water heaters.
- Basic Heating & Cooling Repairs - Changing filters, maintaining systems to ensure functionality
- Basic Masonry - Light masonry and basic concrete work.
- Attend Municipal occupancy, permit, and utility inspections as needed.
- Purchase and deliver supplies to job sites.
- Assist other technicians in the field with repairs.
- File proper paperwork per company protocols, including the following: 1.Complete repair reports; 2.Track hours, mileage, and supplies; 3. Manage receipts and other required documents.
- Attend company meetings.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations such as lead-based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Programs, EPA, and OSHA regulations.
- Must be comfortable operating motorized equipment including power tools and lawn equipment.
- Adept at using manual tools such as hammers, saws, and screwdrivers.
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, and able to follow directions.
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Professionalism and a courteous attitude are a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- In good physical condition, is alert, demonstrates manual dexterity and good balance, and can continually do physical work of varying intensity throughout the workday.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Required: Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Required: At least 5 years of carpentry experience.
- Required: Some background/ experience with other trades such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, drywall, painting, roofing, tuckpointing, and/ or lawncare/ landscaping.
- Preferred: Familiarity with South St. Louis City
- Preferred: Previous multi or single family turn or maintenance experience
- Required: Valid MO driver’s license
- Required: A personal vehicle (ideally, a truck) that complies with local & state laws as well as insurance coverage.
- Required: Smartphone with internet, photo & texting capabilities
Schedule & Compensation
- Pay: Approximately $18-$20 hourly, depending on experience
- Days: Exact work schedule to be determined but work will primarily take place during regular business hours from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week
- Employment Status: Hourly, non-exempt employee (W-4)
- Mileage Reimbursement: $.58 per recorded mile (for “street legal” vehicle) for approved trips.
- Insurance: Health & Vision Insurance benefits
- Paid Leave: Paid Holiday & Vacation benefits
St. Louis Real Estate Society is a well-established, real estate company that deals with three different aspects of the industry: Purchases & Sales, Property Management, and Rehab & Development. Started in 2011 by Matt & Riahna Kastner, the company continues to grow at a rapid pace and we are actively seeking like-minded individuals who love St. Louis real estate.
Sound good to you? If you believe that you are a good fit, we invite you to please apply. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.