The Maintenance Laborer is primarily responsible for cleaning and performing recurring maintenance on properties, both inside and out. Additionally, he or she will assist other technicians out in the field with repairs and rehab work to multi and single-family properties that are primarily located in South City. This position will require frequent driving to properties in order to address maintenance issues as well as using personal hand tools. Large tools and equipment are provided by St. Louis Real Estate Society. The ideal candidate for this position need not have a lot of experience but must have a strong ethic and a drive to learn. Opportunity for future advancement to Maintenance Technician level with growth of skillset.
- General Maintenance: Perform routine tasks to maintain properties in good working order including trash removal & hauling, job site clean-up, lawn care, snow/ ice removal, and other common maintenance items.
- Repairs & Rehab Work: Perform minor repairs such as painting, drywall, roofing, flooring, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Detailed Cleaning: Cleaning of common areas inside and outside; picking up and disposing of trash inside and outside; final cleaning of units after Make-Ready work.
- Purchase and deliver supplies to job sites.
- Post notices, signage, lockboxes, etc. at properties.
- Assist other technicians in the field with repairs.
- Attend occupancy and utility inspections as needed.
- Operate motorized equipment including power tools and lawn equipment.
- Complete repair reports.
- Track hours, mileage, and supplies.
- Manage receipts and other required documents.
- Attend company meetings.
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, and able to follow directions.
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Professionalism and a courteous attitude are a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- In good physical condition, is alert, demonstrates manual dexterity and good balance.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Required: Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Required: Strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- Preferred: Some background/ experience with lawncare, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, rehab/ renovations or other construction-related repairs.
- Preferred: Familiarity with South St. Louis City.
- Preferred: Previous multi or single family turn or maintenance experience.
- Required: Valid MO driver’s license
- Required: Personal vehicle that complies with local & state laws (plates, insurance, etc.)
- Required: Smartphone with internet, photo & texting capabilities.
- Required: Ability to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and criminal background check.
Schedule & Compensation
- Pay: $12-$14 hourly, depending on experience
- Days: Exact work schedule to be determined but work will primarily take place during regular business hours from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week
- Employment Status: Hourly, non-exempt employee (W-4)
- Mileage Reimbursement: $.58 per recorded mile (for “street legal” vehicle) for approved trips.
- Insurance: Health & Vision Insurance benefits
- Paid Leave: Paid Holiday & Vacation benefits
St. Louis Real Estate Society is a well-established, real estate company that deals with three different aspects of the industry: Purchases & Sales, Property Management, and Rehab & Development. Started in 2011 by Matt & Riahna Kastner, the company continues to grow at a rapid pace and we are actively seeking like-minded individuals who love St. Louis real estate.
Sound good to you? If you believe that you are a good fit, we invite you to please apply. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.