The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing general maintenance, repairs, and light rehab work to multi and single-family buildings managed under the Property Management Department. Working both independently and in small teams, this individual will respond to assigned maintenance and apartment turnover requests. He or she must be able to work well without direct supervision while observing all health and safety guidelines. The ideal candidate will ensure that tasks are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service and protecting company assets. This position will require frequent driving to properties in order to address maintenance issues as well as using personal hand tools. Large tools and equipment are provided by St. Louis Real Estate Society.
- Routine Maintenance: Perform repairs, routine maintenance, and general upkeep procedures to maintain properties in good working order, including taking immediate steps to correct any unsafe conditions. Some assigned tasks may include the following: General maintenance on appliances, equipment, and machinery; Repairs to roofing, gutters, siding, and window/ door glass; Pest control such as spraying insecticide; Lawn maintenance and snow/ice removal; Job site clean-up; trash removal and hauling; Installing new lock sets.
- Basic Electrical: Replacing receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Basic Plumbing: Repairing or replacing sinks, tubs, and toilets; installing fixtures; repairing leaks; installing water heaters
- Basic Heating & Cooling Repairs: Changing filters; maintaining systems to ensure functionality.
- Drywall Install/Repair: Using drywall compound to patch holes and cracks in walls and ceilings; installing, mudding, and taping drywall; and painting.
- Carpentry & Finish Work: Installing cabinets, trim, doors, windows, and flooring of all types.
- Masonry: Light masonry as well as basic repairs to concrete walkways.
- Attend Municipal occupancy and utility inspections as needed.
- Purchase and deliver supplies to job sites.
- Post notices, signage, lockboxes, etc. at properties.
- Assist other technicians in the field with repairs.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations such as lead-based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Programs, EPA, and OSHA regulations.
- File proper paperwork per company protocols, including the following: 1.Complete repair reports; 2.Track hours, mileage, and supplies; 3. Manage receipts and other required documents.
- Attend company meetings
- Must be comfortable operating motorized equipment including power tools and lawn equipment.
- Adept at using manual tools such as hammers, saws, and screwdrivers.
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, and able to follow directions
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and to complete projects in a timely manner
- Professionalism and a courteous attitude are a must
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing
- In good physical condition, is alert, demonstrates manual dexterity and good balance; Is able to work under the following conditions: Work requires alert individuals with good balance and physical strength; Work during inclement weather conditions; could be exposed to extreme cold and heat, noise and dust from construction operations depending upon project site; Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds of material and up to 90 pounds of material with assistance, if requested; Frequently walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, and climbing (stairs, ladders, etc.) throughout the work day; May require frequent travel to multiple property sites throughout the day.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Required: Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Required: Some background/experience with plumbing, electrical, carpentry, hvac, lawncare, rehab/renovations or other construction-related repairs
- Preferred: Familiarity with South St. Louis City
- Preferred: Previous multi or single family turn or maintenance experience
- Required: Valid MO driver’s license.
- Required: A personal vehicle (ideally, a truck) that complies with local & state laws as well as insurance coverage.
- Required: Smartphone with internet, photo & texting capabilities.
- Required: Ability to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and criminal background check.
Schedule & Compensation
- Pay: Approximately $14-$20 hourly, depending on experience.
- Days: Exact work schedule to be determined but work will primarily take place during regular business hours from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week.
- Employment Status: Hourly, non-exempt employee (W-4).
- Mileage Reimbursement: $.58 per recorded mile (for “street legal” vehicle) for approved trips.
- Insurance: Health & Vision Insurance benefits.
- Paid Leave: Paid Holiday & Vacation benefits.
St. Louis Real Estate Society is a well-established, real estate company that deals with three different aspects of the industry: Purchases & Sales, Property Management, and Rehab & Development. Started in 2011 by Matt & Riahna Kastner, the company continues to grow at a rapid pace and we are actively seeking like-minded individuals who love St. Louis real estate.