As a St. Louis Real Estate Society Real Estate Investment Agent, your primary focus will be to work with clients who are interested in buying real estate for investment purposes. Specifically, you will work with buyers who are interested in purchasing: income generating (“rental”) properties, properties that need rehab, distressed properties, apartment buildings, mixed-use properties, “fix and flip” opportunities, etc. This position will require a candidate with a real estate license as well as a background in working with investment properties be it in the sales, construction/ maintenance, management, or financing of these types of buildings.
We will provide you with the clients, systems, and support you’ll need so that all you have to do is concentrate on providing exceptional customer service. You will work as part of a team in which each member contributes and collaborates on different aspects of the real estate process. Specifically, your job will be facilitating direct communication and interaction with the client. In other words, the majority of the work that you’ll do on a regular basis will be out on the town viewing properties or on the phone/ email rather than sitting at a desk in the office. This will be a rewarding career for those agents who want to spend their time working with people and looking at properties while enjoying the stability and benefits of a salaried position.
- Assist Investment Buyers (Primary): You will help buyers in the property screening and selection process; preparing an offer; managing aspects of the ‘contract to close’ process by attending inspections, final walkthroughs, closing appointments, etc. The brokerage will provide you with all of the ‘back-office’ resources (see Agent Resources in the Compensation section below) and support you’ll need to make the experience as simple as possible.
- Assist Investment Sellers (Secondary): On the listing side, you will help the lead agent facilitate the new listing process (property information, pictures, dropping off materials, signs, etc.), holding investor open houses, analyzing the market, and reviewing offers.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills are by far one of the qualities that set the top agents apart from their competition. By following our established systems, you will be able to focus on direct collaboration & communication with the client. You’ll win over buyer clients with your know-how and expertise and you’ll be able to provide resources and solid answers when clients need advice… and not to worry, you’ll have a mentor to turn to when you yourself need guidance.
- Monitor Inventory: Closely watch the availability of new properties hitting the market from multiple sources (MLS, wholesale, private sellers, etc.) and preview them in order to locate good deals for clients and also to stay up to date with the shifts in the market.
- Analyze & Advise: You’ll assist your clients with a thorough analysis of the real estate market and provide them with resources at critical decision points. Using our systems, you’ll be able to provide the buyer or seller client with the information they need to make an informed decision.
- Deal Closer: Whether it is following up with a prospect to win them over as your client or overcoming an objection to keep a deal together, you have the skills and the drive to get the job done.
- Office Work: Yes, unfortunately, this position isn’t ‘all people, all of the time’ but we promise that we will keep it to a minimum. When you are not working directly with clients, you will be working in the office on prep work for deals, updating your contact database, adding new skills to your repertoire, and providing support to your brokerage team.
- Able to analyze financial projections & ROI on deals using pre-existing tools.
- Familiarity and understanding of financing options available for investment purchases.
- Great people skills and a high level of customer service are a must.
- Skilled negotiator, problem solver, and deal maker.
- Personable, approachable, and friendly disposition; a “people person.”
- Familiar with judging the physical condition of historic buildings as well as a general understanding of rehab and renovations..
- Able to follow directions and work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Excellent task management and time management skills including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and manages deadlines and completes projects in a timely manner.
- Highly organized, both digitally and with paperwork.
- Possesses self-discipline to follow a systematic process in a timely way.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with a commitment to quality.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (English)
- Possesses a high proficiency level using the computer and with cloud-based programs.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Is dependable, trustworthy, and discreet. Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Required: High School diploma or GED equivalent required; College degree preferred.
- Required: Current MO Real Estate License.
- Required: Minimum of 2 years working in real estate (sales, investments, rehab/ construction, property management, etc.) or have been involved in 30+ investment transactions, or a combination thereof.
- Required: Knowledge of and experience working in St. Louis City and/ or with multi-family properties.
- Required: Valid driver’s license and safe driving record within the past 36 months.
- Required: A personal vehicle that complies with local & state laws as well as insurance coverage.
- Required: Personal smartphone with internet, photo & texting capabilities.
- Required: Ability to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and criminal background check.
Schedule & Compensation
- Pay: $66,000 to $72,500 annually with a combined base and bonus structure.The total compensation package when including the benefits and perks offered from being an employee versus independent contractor ranges from $89,000 to $96,000.
- Days: Exact work schedule to be determined but will likely include some evening and weekend hours.
- Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week.
- Employment Status: Salary, exempt employee (W-4).
- Mileage Reimbursement: $.58 per recorded mile (for “street legal” vehicle) for approved trips
- Agent Costs: We pay all costs associated with maintaining a real estate license and operating agent business. This includes SLAR, MAR, NAR, Maris, Supra, continuing education dues, a client expense account, marketing costs, transaction coordination, technology/ software resources, and more.
- Insurance: Health & Vision Insurance benefits.
- Paid Leave: Paid Holiday & Vacation benefits
- The Employee is responsible for covering: All vehicular expenses including service & repairs, insurance, etc. and all mobile phone-related expenses.
St. Louis Real Estate Society is a well-established, real estate company that deals with three different aspects of the industry: Purchases & Sales, Property Management, and Rehab and Development. Started in 2011 by Matt and Riahna Kastner, the company continues to grow at a rapid pace and we are actively seeking like-minded individuals who love St. Louis real estate.
Sound good to you? If you believe that you are a good fit, we invite you to please apply. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.