SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Episodic Director will be passionate about the animation world with a proven knowledge of 2D Animation pipeline, ideally having 5+ years of experience working on a series production. You will be an excellent communicator, have strong attention to detail, ultimately using your multi-tasking capabilities in a highly creative and client driven environment.
- Partnering with the Supervising Director, you will participate in all creative aspects and in all phases of the production to achieve the overall completion of an Episodic TV show. You will be a trusted pair of hands with strong creative vision
- You will lead animatics and deliver assigned episodes through shipping.
- Possessing a strong consultative focus on storyboarding, you will work to advise storyboarders and board revisionists and carry out of all customary revisions;
- Your ability to stick to a schedule will be reliable and on target. You will work closely with production teams and creative partners to deliver episodes on time and to be able to identify and suggest efficiencies when necessary.
- You will collaboratively assist in pre-production with all necessary preparations for the production in accordance with the approved schedule
- A key focus will be to direct the episodes as efficiently and economically as possible and in accordance with the showrunner and supervising director's vision.
- Ideally we would like to see 5+ years of industry experience, preferably in 2D animation for TV.
- Prior directorial experience essential, ideally in a series
- Proven skills in storyboarding, animation camera composition, storytelling and animation timing required.
- Working knowledge of 2D animation, post production techniques & terminology required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Art or related field strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills coupled with trusted communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal). Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff and management.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict TV deadlines.
Traditional portfolio and reel demonstrating drawing skills and work experience required.