Stem is enabling independent artists to turn their passion into a business. We’re looking for an experienced quality assurance engineer to establish QA best practices. In this role, you will define test strategies, testing processes to ensure Stem’s product works beautifully. You will be designing and implementing test plans to guarantee we maintain high quality code that keeps our customers happy. You will use your creativity to find edge cases that help drive product excellence.
This role is full-time and based in Los Angeles, CA at our West Hollywood office.
- Define a QA process that ensures our released code is of an extremely high quality
- Define and maintain test plans and test specifications
- Construct and maintain a functional test suite that engineers can run against their development environments
- Design and implement an end-to-end automation test coverage process to include Graphical User Interface, functional and integration tests.
- Design and implement deployment tests to include regression and smoke testing
- Integrate with the team's development process to enable continuous testing and continuous delivery
- 7 years of experience in manual and automated testing with demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting problems, determining root-cause and providing reproduction.
- Strong knowledge of API test tool landscape and best practices
- Experience writing test plans, test cases and documenting testing procedures
- General facility with technology, able to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong commitment to quality
- Positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Extremely self-motivated; able to identify opportunities for improvement and tackle them
- Experience with CI/CD process and technologies (e.g. Jenkins or equivalent).
- Programming experience a plus but not required
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- Unlimited vacation, personal time and flexible work from home policies
- Sponsored conference speaking and attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches
- Dog and bike friendly
Technologies we use
- Node.js, Express, React, Relay, GraphQL
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Docker, ELK, Terraform, Apache Airflow