STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with online dance classes.
What You Can Expect:
- Develop features including a cross-platform, social user community, video streaming integrations, responsive web apps, and user analytics
- Define API structures for cross-platform use, implement third-party webhook integrations, and build cloud functions
- Collaborate with Engineering team to architect code execution, design data schemas, and strategize around potential edge cases
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to clarify product requirements and deliverable expectations
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment and participate in rituals like stand-ups, retrospectives, and sprint planning meetings
- Participate in code reviews and feedback sessions to maximize growth opportunities
What You Are Good At:
- You also have 3+ years designing APIs or developing complex business logic using Node and Express
- Being comfortable with client-side intricacies and responsive web implementations using React, HTML, and CSS
- Excelling at conceptualizing and implementing NoSQL data structures and models (experience with Firebase is a plus)
- Leveraging open source tools to efficiently work through shipment of product features
- Working in Agile development teams, collaborating with product managers, designers, analysts, and other engineers
Traits Required for the Role:
- Collaborative mentality: Consistently looking for ways to receive, give, and apply constructive feedback
- Technical curiosity: Always striving to gain a deeper understanding and improving our tech through research, reading weekly tech newsletters, and sharing experiences with your peers
- User experience focused: Considerate about the best user experience, going out of your way to understand our users and translating it into our product features
- Determined attitude: Committed to the team effort of delivering features, adapting to changing timelines, and working through difficult tasks
- Open-minded: Accepting of different perspectives and using those outlooks to strengthen communication and create a joy-filled environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience successfully implementing AWS services like S3, Lambda and MediaConvert
- Excellent at following Git and version control practices
- Deep understanding of video streaming technologies
- Familiarity with TDD and different ways of testing (unit, integration and functional)
- Experience maintaining systems for monitoring and logging
What It’ll Be Like:
It’s our mission to make dance accessible to everyone, and we're building an amazing place to work for that mission.
We think of ourselves as craftsmen and women who obsess about improving our own skills and quality of work.
It’s important to us that you’re enjoying your work and achieving your personal goals. We'll invest in you as much as you invest in yourself.
We promise we'll always judge you on your results and nothing else.
As a startup, we move fast, stay nimble, focus intently, and put in the grind.
We work hard, but it’s a fun journey, and our students make it all worth it.
STEEZY is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.