STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with the best online dance classes.
Steezy is looking for a Sr. Product Designer who can level up our experiences to help our users level up their dance skills.
We start by listening to our customers so we can build the right solution. You will be a master of what users' problems we’re trying to solve and what moves we should make.
Do you have the skills to bring the product to life through proven design best practices and ship to learn? Then read on.
**PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered, please submit your design portfolio to your application.**
What You Can Expect:
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Execute final, UI designs and prototypes; package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- Lead and mentor other UI/UX designers to help guide solution-oriented design direction.
- Develop world-class experiences for aspiring dancers to learn, share, and love dance!
What You’re Good At:
- Designing and iterating consumer software products on native mobile applications and web (5+ years of design experience)
- Leading/mentoring another individual (1-2 years of direct report experience)
- Showcasing a foundation via an outstanding portfolio in Ideation, Wireframing, Interaction and Visual Design, Motion/Animation and Prototyping
- Demonstrating mastery of design tools such as Figma, Adobe CC, and InVision
- Having a strong understanding of user-centered design, information architecture, and native design guidelines (HIG, Material Design)
- Having the ability to take ownership of all aspects of the design process and deliverables in an agile work environment
- Developing and maintaining design systems
- Setting vision of product experience in partnership with Product team and other stakeholders
Traits Required for this Role:
- Customer-Obsessed - Your desire to create value for the average consumer borders on obsessive. Determining what moves the needle in a person’s ability to learn and participate in dance is what drives your product decision-making.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Humility - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
- Strong Manager of People - You recognize that a manager’s job is to enable the groups you influence (directly or indirectly) to produce stellar work product regularly and repeatedly. You are capable of tuning your management style to the individual preferences of each direct report and regularly provide opportunities for them to grow within their work.
- Collaborator - You love working with teams and seek to both provide and receive feedback. You are curious about the thoughts and opinions of others. You recognize that any great product takes a team to build, and do what it takes to ensure that the whole team moves together in that direction.
Skills Required for this Role:
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills - How you communicate is key, not only for user adoption of features and experiences, but also internal buy-in of initiatives you seek to drive.
- Web and mobile experience - Experience designing compelling consumer experiences across web, mobile, tablet, and OTT. Must be ambidextrous across mobile and web, with a strong preference for mobile-first.
- Technical Knowledge - Must be familiar with the basic technologies for building web, mobile, tablet, and OTT applications, and more importantly, their limitations; this includes platform limitations as well as prescribed best practices (System interactions across platforms, Apple HIG, Material Design, etc.)
- User experience wunderkind - Fish in water from product discovery to wireframing, to prototyping, to cutting final comps. Strong understanding of user-centered design, visual design, interaction design, information architecture, and developing design systems
What It’ll Be Like:
It’s our mission to make dance accessible to everyone, and we're building an amazing place to work for that mission.
Like dancers who love their craft, we obsess about improving our own skills and quality of work in our respective areas.
It’s important to us that you’re enjoying your work, developing your skills, and achieving your personal goals. We'll invest in you as much as you invest in yourself.
We have a high bar for performance, and we promise we'll judge you on your results and dependability. Nothing else.
As a startup, we move fast, stay nimble, focus intently, and put in the grind.
STEEZY is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is dedicated to hiring diverse talent.
- ✌STEEZY Squad
Based on the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as an applicant of an open role at STEEZY, below are the pieces of personal information STEEZY will collect from you:
- Contact Information (email address, phone number)
- Employment History
- Education History
We use the above personal information as part of the process to find qualified candidates to fill our open roles. STEEZY does not “sell” a candidate’s personal information as defined under the CCPA. STEEZY discloses candidate personal information to affiliates of STEEZY, partners/third parties who provide services to help us fill our roles, and government agencies as required by law.