Senior Product Designer
Los Angeles, CA
STEEZY’s mission is to make dance the next big sporting and fitness category, starting with the best online dance classes.
Our current focus is to make dance affordable and accessible to everyone, with users over 100 countries around the world.
We’re blessed to work with and support top instructors in the industry. They’ve danced and choreographed for major artists like Justin Timberlake, Prince, and BTS. They’ve also competed on all the major dance shows like World of Dance, So You Think You Can Dance, and America’s Best Dance Crew.
We have amazing content, but user’s need to be guided to the right one at the right time. We have:
- 500+ classes
- 8 styles
- created in 4 different formats
And our users are getting overwhelmed with where to start.
We believe a great learning experience should be guided, personalized, and motivating.
Design should focus on listening to our user’s needs and make thoughtful design choices to make their experience simple and effortless.
This year we are committed to making our application mobile-first. Our users are currently on every single platform and we need uniform designs so our users can enjoy learning how to dance across all the mobile apps, apps with casting, and desktop. However, we solve them mobile-first and then make decisions for parity across other platforms.
You will interview users and work directly with the founders and the product team to bring the product vision to reality with hi-fi prototypes and ready to code designs.
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights and company feature goals into beautiful and engaging user interfaces that solve user problems, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions.
- Lead and mentor other UI/UX designers to help guide solution-oriented design direction.
- Interview users on a regular basis to test and iterate on design decisions to find the best solutions before we start engineering.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing and iterating mobile consumer software products
- 1-2 years of direct report leadership & mentorship skills
- A strong portfolio of work showcasing your abilities
- Mastery of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and InVision
- Ability to design across multiple devices
- Strong understanding of user-centered design, visual design, interaction design, and information architecture
- Ability to take ownership of all aspects of the design process and deliverables
Who You Are
- Extremely thoughtful and forward-thinking.
- Flexible, open-minded, and highly collaborative
- Organized with a high level of communication
- Fast (but mindful of what that work means - not sacrificing strategy)
- A great leader/mentor
- Passionate about dance and learning about various communities and cultures
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced agile and entrepreneurial startup environment
- Ability to perform and work autonomously when given ownership and trust
- Obsessive about details and organization
- Enjoys improving speed and efficiency of your work (hotkeys, automation, etc.)
- Great at asking the right questions, not afraid to say “I don’t know” and figure it out
- A team player who’s easy and fun to work with
What It’ll Be Like:
It’s our mission to make dance accessible to everyone, and we're building an amazing place to work for that mission.
Like dancers who love their craft, we obsess about improving our own skills and quality of work in our respective areas.
It’s important to us that you’re enjoying your work, developing your skills, and achieving your personal goals. We'll invest in you as much as you invest in yourself.
We have a high bar for performance, and we promise we'll judge you on your results and dependability. Nothing else.
As a startup, we move fast, stay nimble, focus intently, and put in the grind.
We work hard, but it’s a fun journey, and our students make it all worth it.
- ✌STEEZY Squad