This is a Manager level position responsible for all of the company’s financial and administration operations. As a member of the management team, this position will help shape the company’s overall vision and business plans, and assist the rest of the management team in any way to ensure that the company successfully executes its plans. Provide overall leadership in Financial matters, including budgeting, planning, systems integration and reporting. The company should be viewed by our investors, customers, and employees as having finance & reporting operations that are streamlined and high-quality.
- Maintain the General Ledger
- Perform monthly closing process
- Establish and maintain a journal entry control system
- Analyze and reconcile monthly general ledger accounts to supporting documentation
- Prepare the monthly financial statements providing comparative analysis to plan
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger – identifying those assets owned by the company
- Budgeting & Planning: Assist in the preparation of and monitor the company’s actual performance against the current budget and business plan
- Treasury: Maintain the cash records for the company, reconcile all cash accounts with bank provided information, including credit card transactions with reports from those agencies.
- Revenue – Insure timely billing and invoicing of all revenue and proper accounting treatment as per the company policy on revenue recognition.
- Contracts management – Review all contracts with customers and vendors. Insure consistency and compliance with company policies.
- Collections – Monitor and maintain all subsidiary ledgers for customer activities and insure timely collection
- Reporting and tax compliance: Insure timely reporting of monthly financial information for the executive staff and the Board of Directors. Insure timely reporting of all taxes with the appropriate authorities.
Skills & Requirements
- BS Minimum experience 4 years.
- 2 years as a Controller or assistant Controller in a small high-tech company a plus
- Proven management skills.
- Strong financial reporting and accounting skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and anticipate business issues.
- Experience negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers, including software license agreements, purchase agreements, and other business agreements.
- A hard-working, creative, self-starter that is results oriented and dependable.
Critical Experience/skill requirements
- Clear capacity to succeed
- Previous financial experience
- Outstanding PC skills
- Clear understanding of financial/accounting software
- Exposure to software industry accounting a plus
Drivers for Success
- Organization Skills
- Communication Skills, written and oral
- Detail Oriented
- Product and industry knowledge
- Financial analysis skills
- High energy, high commitment
- Team player
We value our Steady Team Members and are committed to their success! We are located in Downtown Atlanta, near MARTA and a multitude of restaurants. We offer competitive compensation packages and 100% company-paid benefits package including, medical, dental and vision. Steady is a relaxed, casual work environment with flexible hours and lunch provided 3x per week for employees. We also offer a generous PTO plan, 401K, and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to maintain a positive and fun environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company.
Steady is a mission driven business that helps people earn more. Through the free Steady app and web platform, users can build & track income, networks and buying power – allowing them to augment retirement savings, work around childcare responsibilities, paydown debt, save for a purchase and supplement overall insufficient income from primary employers, while limiting their income volatility and better positioning themselves for access to a sustainable financial services ecosystem.
Every Steady member will build something different. We celebrate those who take the initiative to create a path that works for them. Whatever that looks like, Steady is there to support it, providing a stable foundation that allows people to build financial success over a lifetime.
Mission: Steady turns the tables by putting workers back in charge of their financial future, with an income-building platform and resources that help anyone create financial stability and take charge of their future.