Statice is a Berlin based software company focussed on building technologies for large-scale data anonymization. Organizations need data to research, monitor, and innovate, but we don’t believe that should come at any price. We bridge the need for data and the implementation of data privacy by providing a state of the art data-anonymization software, which works by learning the patterns inherent in private data sets and recreating new, synthetic data sets with similar structure and statistical content, but no private data. We do this because we believe in the data-driven future, and we believe it is critical to leverage technology as a means for good. Statice is the safeguard of the individual’s privacy and technological enabler for companies to unlock the true potential of their data.
Learn more about what we do: https://www.statice.ai/
You will be part of our team, working on one of the most promising data science challenges. At Statice, you'll be contributing to the core of our product, focusing on the privacy component of the solution.
How you can help:
- Work and collaborate within a team of experienced people with diverse backgrounds
- Research and implement the privacy-preserving algorithms
- Keep up with the latest research on privacy-enhancing techniques and their applications in machine learning
- Publish, participate in the conferences, interact with the research community
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A proven research track record in privacy-preserving technologies, security and/or cryptography
- Knowledge of anonymization technologies and differential privacy or related privacy mechanisms
- Solid background in mathematical and statistical analysis
- Experience implementing algorithms in common scientific programming language (e.g. Python, R, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with synthetic data
- Experience with Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.).
In order to make the process as smooth as possible, we kindly ask you to include links to your relevant projects, publications, or code repositories, if available.
We are a small team with big dreams. We have come together from (nearly) all corners of the world, and combine a variety of skills and experience. Solving one of the most challenging data science issues is exciting and challenging at the same time and takes the right mindsets and motivations. This is why we value everybody’s opinion and strive for collaborative decisions We value honesty towards each other more than anything and always provide open and direct feedback.
Compensation and perks:
- An exciting challenge at the cutting edge of policy, privacy, and technology
- Competitive salary and company stock options
- Learning budget
- Great co-workers
- Flexible working hours and home office / remote policy
- Support with relocation and visa, if needed
Statice is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.