Starfish Storage is a dynamic startup creating enterprise software that enables organizations to manage massive unstructured data growth. Our mission is to enable organizations to leverage their data assets in pursuit of their own missions – whether that’s creating the next great blockbuster movie, curing a disease, or managing large business infrastructures which drive economies.
We're looking for someone with a well-rounded set of enterprise IT experience and excellent interpersonal and communication skills to anchor our professional services team that will work with clients both in a pre-sales capacity running proofs-of-concept and in a post-sales capacity doing installations and some level 1 and 2 technical support.
Some travel required but much of our work can be done remotely from our headquarters in Waltham, MA where this role will be based.
Qualified applicants must have:
- Strong Linux platform management skills (3+ years)
- Python scripting (very solid skills; other high-level languages considered commensurate with experience)
- Hands-on experience with NFS and SMB protocol mounting and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with, and experience troubleshooting permissions issues such as LDAP, active directory, and PAM (2+ years)
- Strong familiarity with Linux packaging tools and usage such as Yum, Apt, dpkg, Rpm (2+ years)
- Strong debugging and system diagnostics for performance analysis and problem determination (3+ years)
- SQL scripting (Postgres direct experience a plus)
- Experience working with Web services such as HTML, Nginx, CGI, and Apache (1+ year)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ideally enterprise storage, archive, or data protection system administration experience
- Ability to be in our Waltham, MA headquarters within 45 minutes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current authorization (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Required Application Materials
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
Please upload your resume and a cover letter tailored to this position
Compensation and Benefits
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, employees are provided competitive compensation, options (potential), as well as the following benefits:
- Salary and uncapped commission
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Starfish Storage provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.