Starfish Storage is a dynamic startup creating enterprise software that enables organizations to manage massive unstructured data growth. Our mission is to enable organizations to leverage their data assets in pursuit of their own missions – whether that’s creating the next great blockbuster movie, curing a disease, or managing large business infrastructures which drive economies. Our clients are the most respected organizations in their industries – media and entertainment, research computing, higher education, and the Federal government.
This is a highly unusual opportunity because we have a set of existing clients already even though we have just hired our first salesperson. So, you can work for a newly-forming sales organization within a company with an established, enterprise-class technology.
We're looking for someone with at least a few years of technology sales experience who is passionate about the transformative nature of technology. You will be building relationships with technical and scientific clients who need technology to enable their pursuits, not be their pursuit.
Because we are an established startup, you will have ample opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities and have growth paths into other positions in the company over time.
Some travel will be required but most of your work will be done from our headquarters in Waltham, MA where this role will be based.
Qualified applicants must have:
- Enterprise IT technology sales experience, ideally software (3+ years)
- Familiarity with server, networking and storage technologies
- Working vocabulary of data center technologies
- Experience working with or selling to research clients or the scientific community
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be in our Waltham, MA headquarters within 45 minutes.
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in engineering or science
- Current authorization (or will soon be authorized) to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Required Application Materials
Applicants must provide the following required materials:
Please upload your resume and a cover letter tailored to this position
Compensation and Benefits
We recognize that satisfaction and well-being are integral components for long-term sustainability and business success. As such, employees are provided competitive compensation, options (potential), as well as the following benefits:
- Salary and uncapped commission
- Multiple health insurance options
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability
- Paid holidays and PTO that increases with longevity at the company
- Discounted health club membership
- Convenient parking
- Opportunities for growth!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Starfish Storage provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, military service, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.