Stardog turns data into knowledge to drive digital transformation. With Stardog, you can break the cycle of endlessly copying and transforming data and unify your data once and for all. Industry leaders like Morgan Stanley, Bosch, Ericsson, Salesforce and NASA leverage Stardog’s data unification platform to gain critical insights in an increasingly complex data landscape. Stardog is a privately-held, venture- backed company headquartered in Arlington, VA.
Our goal is to build a team of smart, competitive and driven sales development representatives, focused on proactive outreach and engagement with prospective customers and committed to Stardog’s mission to deliver transformative, innovative technology in a culture that is collaborative, respectful, healthy and committed to excellence.
The Manager, Account Development will directly manage a team, based in our Arlington, VA (HQ) office, in direct support of Stardog’s global sales team. This role calls for an experienced sales leader, accustomed to building account development organizations at scale.
The Manager, Account Development will set team goals, motivate and develop team members, and work closely with other senior leaders across Sales, Sales Operations, Alliances, Marketing, and Customer Success. They will drive strategy, communication and day-to-day performance supported by their domain knowledge of Enterprise technology sales models, particularly connection points between sales, marketing and product.
As a key leader on the sales leadership team, the Manager, Account Development will have a critical impact on the infrastructure of our growing sales organization, including the strategies, processes and systems that support growth. The ability to present data-driven narratives and influence leadership is critical to success in this role.
• Generate, analyze and maintain the sales opportunity pipeline with the quality, pace and volume required to fulfill the company’s revenue goals.
• Provide day-to-day management of account development activities with an eye on execution cadence & discipline, cross-functional process alignment, group and individual performance metrics and achievement of goals.
• Work closely with leadership across Sales, Sales Operations, Alliances, Marketing, Products and Customer Success to execute Stardog’s go-to-market strategy for pipeline generation and customer acquisition.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to develop strategies and execution plans for new products, geographies and market segments, as needed.
• Coach, develop and hire a high-performing account development team.
• Define critical drivers of success and design playbooks, career paths, and appropriate measurements for the account development organization.
• Utilize data-driven methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources.
• Build and conduct presentations for internal and external audiences in the form of executive briefings to customers, prospects and internal stakeholders.
• Build a strong team culture that values high performance and achievement on a foundation of hard work and commitment in a high-energy and fun work environment.
Requirements Required Experience/Skills/Education/Abilities:
• 5+ years of management experience in building & scaling account (sales or business) development organizations.
• Preferred account (sales or business) development experience with enterprise-scale technology vendors (SaaS, on-premise, and/or managed services) targeting Fortune 1000 companies.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, coach, and develop others. Exhibits a passion for developing talent and coaching individuals and teams to success.
• Demonstrated track record of leading organizations governed by a process and data-driven approach that produces consistent, predictable results.
• Proficiency with Salesforce CRM, sales engagement platforms (SalesLoft preferred), marketing automation tools (Hubspot preferred) and related applications.
• Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communication consistently with leaders across sales, alliances, marketing, customer success and business operations organizations.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt easily to a fast-paced environment that may be subject to adjustments and changes in order to meet demands; a sense of urgency.
• Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
• Bachelor's degree required.
Stardog is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Stardog are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Stardog Union | 2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 800 | Arlington, VA 22201 | 202.408.8770 | www.stardog.com