Stardog turns data into knowledge to drive digital transformation. With Stardog, you can break the cycle of endlessly copying and transforming data and unify your data once and for all. Industry leaders like Morgan Stanley, Bosch, Ericsson, and NASA leverage Stardog’s data unification platform to gain critical insights in an increasingly complex data landscape. Stardog is a privately‐held, venture‐backed company headquartered in Arlington, VA.
Our goal is to build a team of smart, competitive and driven sales professionals, focused on winning and committed to Stardog’s mission to deliver transformative, innovative technology in a culture that is collaborative, respectful, healthy and committed to excellence.
The successful Sales Operations Director is dynamic, energetic and proactive with a track record of exceeding goals and expectations. This individual is a proven leader who can direct, inspire, delegate and deliver results in a collaborative and positive manner. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strategic outlook, be innovative and possess strong situational awareness to understand the marketplace and competitive landscape in order to best support Stardog’s sales management, sales executives and solution consultants.
The candidate will possess an entrepreneurial, risk-taking spirit and possess the temperament to deal effectively with ambiguity but also be well-grounded with an attention to detail that supports data-driven and evidenced-based analysis and decision-making. This individual must demonstrate a high-level of personal and business maturity, possess the highest degree of integrity and build trust and confidence throughout the entire organization.
The Sales Operations Director reports to the Head of Global Sales & Alliances, and their primary duty is to manage the operational infrastructure/processes, including:
- Sales Process & Execution
- Data-Driven Sales Analysis
- Sales Force Automation Adherence
- Sales Incentives and Compensation Design & Implementation
- Sales Enablement Programs
- Sales Forecasting
- Sales Strategy & Planning
- Sales Development / Marketing – to – Sales Opportunity Flow
- Quote-to-Order Process/Operations
- Develops and maintains key performance indicators (KPIs), dashboards, and reports to provide relevant and timely insights into the state of sales
- Responsible for sales pipeline, forecasting, planning and other operational processes
- Manages support functions essential to sales force productivity
- Acts as key liaison/partner across all departments especially, Customer Success, Services, Marketing, Finance and other internal stakeholders
- Ensures compliance with CRM/SFA requirements and drives optimization and enhancement of sales automation tools and processes
- Coordinates training resources, oversees training and assists in the on-boarding of new sales hires
- Relentlessly analyzes the business and proactively provides insight and recommendations to improve sales to sales and executive leadership
- Provide relevant sales content for Board/Investor presentations
- 5+ years of sales, sales operations, business analyst and/or finance experience
- Experience in start-up or early-stage environments with little or no defined infrastructure or processes
- Proficiency with CRM (Salesforce.com preferred), sales automation applications (InsightSquared, et al) and related applications (Steelbrick, Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, SAVO, Xactly, etc.); certification-level proficiency a plus
- Knowledge of basic sales process and methodologies (Challenger, Complex Sales, Force Management, Miller-Heiman, TAS, et al)
- Knowledge of and conversant with enterprise software (ERP, CRM or analytics, as well as Big Data, MDM, data integration, data quality or data management technologies) whether deployed on-premise or cloud-based as hosted or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Strong personal productivity computer skills and applications, including Salesforce.com, Google, and Microsoft
- Track record of consistent over-achievement of performance goals in past positions
- Analytical and problem-solving orientation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Stardog is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Stardog are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.