Our professional services works with customers across a variety of industries to identify key information and data challenges, build out value driven solutions, and communicate that value to those stakeholders. As part of this, our team combines world class engineering with strategic communications services, where we can refine how technology and engineering focused organizations can solve challenges in modern systems. This position is for our strategic communications group, which works closely with both our customer, their stakeholders, and our technical teams. As part of the strategic communications group, team members work to identify key objectives, drive creative development and assist the customer in communicating those messages to stakeholders.
Role: ARTIST/GRAPHIC DESIGNER
This person will be a key collaborator in the creative development of products that visualize and communicate the importance of the client’s mission to a variety of stakeholders. The position requires advanced graphics skills and the ability to decipher and translate complex engineering approaches for non-technical audiences. The artist will work onsite with Stardog’s client in Washington D.C.
- Executive Support: Provide communications support to senior executives through speaking engagement research and preparation.
- Illustration and Graphic Design: Develop graphics to represent complex technical concepts; consult with internal talent and external vendors on product design and message. Products include paper and digital varieties.
- Produce visual products that convey the details and challenges of human deep space mission planning to U.S. policymakers, general public, spaceflight industry, and media.
- Conceptualize, design and produce visual solutions for a wide variety of formats and distribution channels
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary communications team managing multiple projects under minimal supervision. Work with subject matter experts to understand technical requirements and recommend best approaches for optimal visual presentation and comprehension.
- Responsible for a wide range of routine-to-complex projects such as: charts and graphs, flow diagrams, infographics, presentation visuals, illustrations, publication designs, cover designs, brochures, posters, and exhibits.
- Experience designing for social media is a plus.
- 7-10 years of experience supporting senior executives, preferably in a technology related field
- Advanced skills in the following platforms: Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media, Microsoft Office
- Video editing/animation production is a plus
Our culture is based on client delivery excellence, mutual respect, collegiality in all things, rigor in design, research, implementation, and qualification. We care deeply about work-life balance and productivity in the short and long run. In sum, if you remove the unnecessary, the distracting, and the tedious, what you're left with is a healthy 40 hour week full of wins.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.