Stardog is searching for a talented and motivated Product Manager to drive the continued development of the Stardog product suite. This person will be responsible for driving success of the core product experience allowing our users to have the best possible experience. We have an exciting and ambitious product strategy and roadmap and you will be instrumental in evolving it and delivering against it. The role will be our first product manager, which means you will play a critical role in driving and implementing our vision. We’re looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience in enterprise product development with a strong ability to work closely with software development teams. This is an ideal job for a software product manager with 3-5 (or more) years of experience who wants to be part of a rapidly growing startup, feel total ownership over their work, and work hard at achieving a dramatic success in a vibrant market.
Stardog is an enterprise knowledge graph platform that allows customers to query massive, disparate, heterogeneous data regardless of structure with simplicity of implementation. Stardog’s enterprise customers include Global 2000 companies in finance, healthcare, life sciences, energy, media, and government.
- Product Strategy – Own the strategic plan and roadmap for specific elements of the product suite, determine key initiatives to drive the product forward, break those plans into manageable, measurable, achievable release plans.
- Product Management – Understand market needs and user pain points, craft product solutions to address them, phase solutions to deliver incremental business value, validate assumptions and iterate along the way.
- Product Ownership – Build and maintain an organized and prioritized product backlog of user stories for new product improvements, collaborate with UX design, marketing, sales, engineering, and other product managers from concept to release.
- Project Management – Work closely with engineering to bring new product concepts to life through the entirety of the development cycle, including post-release analysis. Ensure development stays on track, remove roadblocks as they arise, step in wherever needed.
- Leadership – Build our product function. Identify process gaps and opportunities, take on ever-increasing responsibilities. Communicate your plans and product vision to the company. Provide mentorship for other team members, exemplify the company values in your daily work.
- Clear track record of leadership and fast-paced professional growth throughout your career.
- Experience having delivered high-quality software products, consistently meeting milestones and business objectives.
- Experience with Agile product management practices, particularly in the product owner role.
- Phenomenal analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, think on your feet, and generalize solutions addressing abstracted problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, which can be tailored individually for a wide variety of audiences, both internal and external.
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves to get the job done no matter the task, willingness to commit to a fast-paced startup working culture.
- Minimum education: Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor's degree required, top-tier university strongly preferred, MBA nice-to-have.
- Minimum experience: 3-5 years of experience in a software product management role.