Stardog turns data into knowledge to drive digital transformation. With Stardog, you can break the cycle of endlessly copying and transforming data and unify your data once and for all. Industry leaders like Morgan Stanley, Bosch, Ericsson, Salesforce and NASA leverage Stardog’s data unification platform to gain critical insights in an increasingly complex data landscape. Stardog is a privately‐held, venture‐backed company headquartered in Arlington, VA.
Our goal is to assemble a team of smart, competitive and driven demand generation professionals, focused on proactive outreach and engagement with prospective customers and committed to Stardog’s mission to deliver transformative, innovative technology in a culture that is collaborative, respectful, healthy and committed to excellence.
The Director, Demand Generation reports to the VP of Marketing and leads a team of demand professionals and account development representatives. The Director, Demand Generation will be a critical Go-To-Market leader who will ultimately be responsible for building a successful demand generation program that ensures Stardog grows market awareness, accelerates sales pipeline, and meets conversion targets.
This role will have a critical impact on the infrastructure of our growing organization, including the strategies, processes and systems that support growth. The Director, Demand Generation will set team goals, motivate and develop team members, and work closely with other senior leaders across Sales, Sales Operations, Alliances, and Customer Success. They will drive strategy, communication and day-to-day performance supported by their domain knowledge of Enterprise technology sales and marketing models, particularly connection points between sales, marketing and product.
In addition to supporting demand professionals with expertise in digital and field marketing, the Director, Demand Generation will also directly oversee our team of account development representatives and provide them with the tools, coaching and training they need to succeed while they focus on proactive outreach and engagement with prospective customers.
- Generate, analyze and maintain the sales opportunity pipeline with the quality, pace and volume required to fulfill the company’s revenue goals.
- Manage the Demand Generation team for optimal dissemination of campaigns across channels; including digital, field, and email channels.
- Work with Finance to establish demand generation targets based on company revenue and sales targets to ensure we are building for the future.
- Work with the rest of our Go-To-Market team to set and achieve marketing KPIs that allow us to meet pipeline and revenue targets.
- Put in place best-practice processes and tools that allow us to measure and report on KPIs across our entire marketing funnel and effectively execute our marketing plan.
- Work with Product Marketing to identify use cases, competitive differentiators, and other compelling available content that support demand generation campaigns.
- Provide day-to-day management of account development activities with an eye on execution cadence & discipline, cross-functional process alignment, group and individual performance metrics and achievement of goals.
- 8+ years developing, executing strategic B2B demand generation and ABM programs in a B2B, SaaS and Enterprise environment.
- 4+ years of people management experience with passion for managing and developing talent.
- Demonstrable proficiency with modern tools, technology, and best practices in sales outreach, web, social media, content marketing, social selling, SEO, SEM and content syndication.
- Experience in start‐up or early‐stage environments with little or no defined infrastructure or processes.
- Proficiency with CRM (Salesforce.com preferred), sales automation applications (InsightSquared, et al) and marketing automation platforms (Hubspot a plus).
- Experience managing account‐based marketing programs.
- Strong personal productivity computer skills and applications, including Salesforce.com, Google, and Microsoft.
- Track record of consistent over‐achievement of performance goals in past positions.
- Analytical and results‐driven with a problem‐solving orientation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Reside in the greater Washington D.C. area or able to relocate.