Stardog turns data into knowledge to drive digital transformation. With Stardog, you can break the cycle of endlessly copying and transforming data and unify your data once and for all. Industry leaders like Morgan Stanley, Bosch, Ericsson, and NASA leverage Stardog’s data unification platform to gain critical insights in an increasingly complex data landscape. Stardog is a privately‐held, venture‐backed company headquartered in Arlington, VA.
Our goal is to build a team of smart, competitive and driven sales executives, focused on winning and committed to Stardog’s mission to deliver transformative, innovative technology in a culture that is collaborative, respectful, healthy and committed to excellence.
The successful Account Executive is highly energetic, proactive, competitively-driven and achievement oriented. Account Executives combine their knowledge of technology, mastery of complex-selling and a proven track record of B2B sales to sell and deliver Stardog’s data unification platform.
The Account Executives’ primary duty is to meet or exceed their revenue goals by selling Stardog’s technology and services to new and existing customers. You’ll leverage your extensive experience, consultative selling skills and long-standing relationships to engage with stakeholders, decision-makers and executive sponsors.
Further, you’ll manage all sales activity through opportunity development, resource allocation, sales team collaboration, account strategy, planning and execution and accurate forecasting. You’ll lead and participate in the development and presentation of a compelling value proposition. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third-party partners and influencers. And finally, negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale.
- 7-10+ years of quota-carrying software or technology sales and account management experience
- Extensive experience in the Financial Services industry – asset management, banking, credit services, investment, insurance, etc. – selling enterprise-scale solutions
- Experience selling enterprise-scale technologies whether deployed on-premise or cloud-based as hosted or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Experience selling enterprise-scale business applications, including ERP, CRM or analytics, as well as MDM, data quality, data integration or data management technologies
- Track record of consistent over-achievement of quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CxO level
- Cultivate and leverage mutually beneficial relationships with strategic alliance partners – GSIs, ISVs and channel partners
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles and demonstrated ownership of all aspects of account/territory management
- Maintain accurate and timely prospect & customer deal pipeline and forecast data
- Experience as a leader in a team selling environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel as needed (estimated to be 50%)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consistent over-achievement in past roles while carrying $1MM+ (ACV) quotas with high average deal sizes
- Previous Sales Methodology training (Challenger, Complex Sales, Force Management, Miller-Heiman, TAS, et al), CRM experience (Salesforce.com preferred), and strong customer references preferred
- Successfully organized, conducted and/or participated in field marketing campaigns and events
- Demonstrated leadership ability and success in mentoring new pre-sales and sales peers
- Strong personal productivity computer skills and applications, including Salesforce.com, Google, and Microsoft
Stardog is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Stardog are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.