Stardog turns data into knowledge to drive digital transformation. With Stardog, you can break the cycle of endlessly copying and transforming data and unify your data once and for all. Industry leaders like Morgan Stanley, Bosch, Ericsson, and NASA leverage Stardog’s data unification platform to gain critical insights in an increasingly complex data landscape. Stardog is a privately‐held, venture‐backed company headquartered in Arlington, VA.
Our goal is to build a team of smart, competitive and driven alliances professionals, focused on building mutually beneficial strategic partnerships and committed to Stardog’s mission to deliver transformative, innovative technology in a culture that is collaborative, respectful, healthy and committed to excellence.
The Alliance Director role requires a combination of tactical and strategic skills to develop a trusted advisor relationship with alliance partners – GSIs, ISVs, and channel partners – and to ensure the relationship provides maximum value to them and Stardog. In this role, you will utilize strong management and relationship building skills to set a vision, strategy and objectives to drive growth.
You will develop long-term strategies and short-term plans to meet aggressive performance goals. You must be extremely results-driven, customer-focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships. You will be responsible for delivering revenue through the partner alliance and building and maintaining a pipeline of joint selling opportunities.
- Work to maximize the value of assigned partnership(s)
- Develop a partnership strategy documented in an annual plan
- Maintain and present a pipeline of current and prospective partner-driven opportunities designed to drive visibility, revenue, customers and expand Stardog’s footprint
- Continuously collaborate with sales development and sales counterparts to proactively address business issues and identify ways to build and maximize value for both parties
- Assess each partner’s needs on an on-going basis, set goals to meet those needs, track progress and ensure the relationship remains mutually beneficial to both the partner and Stardog
- Develop an understanding of alliance partner’s business, strategy, operations, technology and goals
- Proactively engage partners on a regular basis to keep Stardog “top of mind” and to ensure they’re gaining business value from the partnership
- Keep key partner stakeholders up-to-date on Stardog’s solutions to ensure their teams understand our solutions, know how to position and promote them to their end customers
- Understand the competitive landscape and assess strategic opportunities
- Own governance of the overall relationship including executive alignment & quarterly business reviews
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and performance metrics in-line with corporate objectives
- Develop a positive relationship with key client decision-makers or influencers who can drive growth of partnership opportunities
- Serve as each partner’s primary point of contact and be their voice within Stardog for any questions, requests, or issues related to the partnership
- 7-10+ years of experience in enterprise alliances, business development or sales roles
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience with strategy development, partnership management or business development in the technology industry
- Experience with on-premise and/or cloud-based technology vendors especially in the data integration, data management, data governance and/or data quality spaces or Big Data or analytics
- Proven track record establishing and maintaining strong, productive partner relationships
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives from inception to execution
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic, energetic and results-driven environment
- Desire and demonstrated ability to operate effectively in an early-stage, start-up environment requiring resourcefulness, initiative and tenacity
- Have a proven record of working with executives to translate product and strategic roadmaps into actionable partnership strategies
- Competency in contract negotiations
- Have a network of industry relationships with potential partners, competitors, customers and thought leaders
- Goal-oriented; proven ability to set client/partner goals and track progress to those goals
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with clients and colleagues across departments, geographic locations, and time zones.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Stardog is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Stardog are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.