Stardog turns data into knowledge to drive digital transformation. With Stardog, you can break the cycle of endlessly copying and transforming data and unify your data once and for all. Industry leaders like Morgan Stanley, Bosch, Ericsson, and NASA leverage Stardog’s data unification platform to gain critical insights in an increasingly complex data landscape. Stardog is a privately‐held, venture‐backed company headquartered in Arlington, VA.
Our goal is to build a team of smart, competitive and driven sales development representatives, focused on proactive outreach and engagement with prospective customers and committed to Stardog’s mission to deliver transformative, innovative technology in a culture that is collaborative, respectful, healthy and committed to excellence.
The successful Sales Development Representative (SDR) is highly energetic, proactive, competitively-driven and goal-oriented. SDRs help generate qualified sales leads and facilitate the growth of the sales pipeline through outbound prospecting and inbound lead follow-up. SDRs communicate with potential customers by phone, email, social media and occasionally in-person to identify the needs of a prospective customer, qualify their interest and viability, and create a relationship that will help drive the sale. Sales Development Representatives will research potential customers, connect with and educate prospects and qualify leads before handing them off to an Account Executive.
- Research and pre-qualify prospective organizations to build pipeline
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools
- Identify and engage with decision-makers and key influencers
- Contact (phone, email & social media) prospects to engage in conversations designed to create awareness of Stardog, educate prospects and uncover sales opportunities
- Gain commitment from prospects to download trial software, attend brief web-based product demo/meeting, meet with an Account Executive or other call to action
- Collaborate with SDR team members to share best practices, improve individual and group performance and meet/exceed goals
- Consistently meet and exceed individual qualified sales lead goals
- Ensure completeness by tracking follow through of sales leads by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in Salesforce (CRM)
- 2 years’ or less of work experience or new college graduate
- A strong desire to be in a highly dynamic, energetic and results-oriented sales environment with an early-stage start-up company
- A fun and engaging personality
- An entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiastic, competitive, disciplined, self-motivated, hands-on, with a strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills especially the ability to speak clearly and concisely – in-person and on the phone – with a professional and engaging demeanor
- Exhibit empathy, a knack for conflict resolution, persuasion and negotiating skills
- Disciplined, meticulous approach to daily activity planning, goal setting and achieving results
- Excellent listener, ability to learn and adapt to new concepts and technologies
- Willingness to take direction, be coached and mentored
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent; Communications, Business, preferred, but not required
- Strong web and computer skills: Google Apps, MS Office, Salesforce.com desirable
Stardog is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Stardog are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.