Sales | Global
Stardog turns data into knowledge to drive digital transformation. With Stardog, you can break the cycle of endlessly copying and transforming data and unify your data once and for all. Industry leaders like Morgan Stanley, Bosch, Ericsson, and NASA leverage Stardog’s data unification platform to gain critical insights in an increasingly complex data landscape. Stardog is a privately‐held, venture‐backed company headquartered in Arlington, VA.
Our goal is to build a team of smart, competitive and driven sales professionals, focused on winning and committed to Stardog’s mission to deliver transformative, innovative technology in a culture that is collaborative, respectful, healthy and committed to excellence.
The successful Solutions Consultant exhibits a breadth and depth of product and functional mastery as well as being highly energetic, proactive, competitively-driven and achievement oriented. Solutions Consultants leverage their knowledge of business functions and technology, sales savviness and collaborative demeanor to team with Account Executives to sell and deliver Stardog’s data unification platform.
The Solutions Consultant’s primary duty, as a member of the sales team, is to own and secure the technical and functional win to new and existing customers. You’ll leverage your product knowledge, industry insights, consultative selling skills, communication and presentations skills to engage with stakeholders, decision-makers and executive sponsors. Further, you’ll conduct discovery with customers and prospects to understand their business priorities, functional requirements, pain points and desired outcomes.
- Through a comprehensive discovery process gather all relevant data and information and map out solutions that demonstrate Stardog’s ability to meet or exceed requirements
- Design innovative solutions and present customized demonstrations to the stakeholders
- Present Stardog’s platform while demonstrating deep familiarity with the customer’s technical and business environment
- Effectively engage both technical and line of business audiences in identifying the positive business outcomes enabled through Stardog's unique approach to data unification
- Participate in the development of and delivery of a compelling value proposition
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs in a comprehensive and timely manner
- Serve as the critical liaison between product management, engineering, customer success and professional services and our enterprise prospects and customers
- Participate in training and certifications to enhance technical proficiency and domain mastery
- 7-10+ years of software or technology pre-sales, product management or service delivery experience
- Experience selling enterprise-scale technologies deployed on-premise or cloud-based either as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or hosted
- Experience selling data integration, data management, MDM, CDP, or related technologies, as well as, enterprise-scale business applications, including ERP, CRM or analytics
- Prior Graph Database experience (Neo4j, DataStax Graph, Amazon Neptune, AllegroGraph, AnzoGraph, ArangoDB, JanusGraph, OrientDb, TigerGraph), graph algorithms and graph structure design a strong plus
- Knowledge of/proficiency with SPARQL
- Track record of consistent over-achievement of performance metrics in past positions
- Experience with sales cycle running the gamut from business champion to CxO level
- Cultivate and leverage mutually beneficial relationships with strategic alliance partners
- Demonstrated proficiency in key aspects of the sales cycle – discovery, formal presentations, product demonstrations, customization, proofs-of-concept (POCs), RFI/RFP responses, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel as needed (estimated to be 50%)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous Sales Methodology training (Challenger, Complex Sales, Force Management, Miller-Heiman, TAS, et al), CRM experience (Salesforce.com preferred), and strong customer references preferred
- Successfully organized, conducted and/or participated in field marketing campaigns and events
- Demonstrated leadership ability and success in mentoring new pre-sales and sales peers
- Strong personal productivity computer skills and applications, including Salesforce.com, Google, and Microsoft
Stardog is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Stardog are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.