Data is every company’s most underutilized asset. Stardog’s data unification technology effectively eliminates the data silos plaguing today’s enterprises, allowing companies like Bosch, Morgan Stanley, Salesforce, and Ericsson to make better decisions with their data. Unfortunately, for many of these organizations, much of the data they need to drive their organization forward is locked away as "dark data" in unstructured formats. Often that means text, so we're looking for experts to help build the next generation NLP system in the Stardog Platform.
If you're interested in natural language processing, deep learning, probabilistic graphical models, and recommender systems, this might be the job you've been dreaming about!
- Research and develop algorithms to analyze large scale (un)structured data
- Design and develop high-performance, data-driven components for our distributed database
- Implement complex data ingestion pipelines
- Deploy and operationalize machine learning models
- 5+ years programming experience, ideally in Java
- Strong computer science fundamentals, with advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience on applying machine learning and natural language processing techniques to real world datasets
- Interest in recent scientific developments, with an eye for practical applications
- Knowledge of BERT a plus
- Ability to work in a distributed team mainly communicating over email, chat, and phone
- Experience with graph technologies or databases is a plus
We have offices in Arlington, VA and Boston, MA. Remote working is also possible for qualified candidates.
Our culture is based on engineering excellence, mutual respect, collegiality in all things, rigor in design, research, implementation, and testing. We care deeply about work-life balance and productivity in the short and long run. In sum, if you remove the unnecessary, the distracting, and the tedious, what you're left with is a healthy 40 hour week full of wins.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.