Stardog is the world's leading Knowledge Graph platform for the Enterprise. Turn data into knowledge faster and easier. Stardog lets you query, search, and analyze enterprise data, wherever it is, using scalable, cutting-edge Knowledge Graph technology.
We're looking for a talented database engineer to join our team to help us build and grow the Stardog Knowledge Graph. You will work on the backend team *building* and evolving the storage layer within Stardog, help with its integration into other parts of the system, such as query optimization, and work on designing and implementing the next generation of features for this part of the Stardog Knowledge Graph.
If you care deeply about optimization, mechanical sympathy, endian-ness, and you're not afraid of cmake, this is the job for you. If you're a database administrator, this is not the right fit.
- Work as a member of the team building our next-generation backend storage system
- Help extend query optimization to better leverage the backend
- Implement new features based on new capabilities being added to the storage system
- 5+ years programming experience, C++ preferred, Java is a plus
- Strong computer science fundamentals, with advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms and software design
- Knowledge of database fundamentals, joins, scans, planning, etc.
- Previous experience with RocksDb is a major plus
- Ability to work in a distributed team mainly communicating over email, chat, and phone
- Experience with graph technologies or databases is a plus
Our culture is based on engineering excellence, mutual respect, collegiality in all things, rigor in design, research, implementation, and testing. We care deeply about work-life balance and productivity in the short and long run. In sum, if you remove the unnecessary, the distracting, and the tedious, what you're left with is a healthy 40 hour week full of wins
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.