Our mission is to help build the connected city of the future. Data will be the catalyst for urban change in this century and cities will need new tools to help manage this shift. We believe that the data generated within cities should be accessible, insightful, and actionable. Technology should empower our civil servants to spend more time solving real problems. We are helping cities and communities while also building a profitable business and returning revenue to municipal governments
What we do
STAE provides a single platform for all city data. Because data is stored on one platform with well-defined APIs it becomes much simpler for a city, its vendors and third-party developers to build tools that leverage all of a city’s services. Imagine a world where connected traffic infrastructure, public safety, and emergency services can communicate in real-time. When an accident is reported, a city can dynamically reroute traffic to clear the road for emergency response teams to arrive as quickly as possible, avoiding gridlock and saving lives.
Our core values
- Operate as a team, we over me.
- People first - everything we do, internally and externally, is for the benefit of humans.
- Empower employees to make decisions in the best interests of the company.
- Work to understand, accept, and embrace diversity.
- Constructively question the expected; disagree, but don’t dwell on differences of opinion.
- Deliver truth via open and honest communication. Default to transparency.
In the press
- https://techcrunch.com/2016/04/04/stae-wants-to-prepare-cities-for-the-future/ https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/24/stae-helps-cities-take-advantage-of-their-data/
- http://fortune.com/2016/04/06/who-owns-the-data/ https://thenewstack.io/city-service-helping-cities-see-value-data/
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced full-stack engineer who will help build new features and assist with the overall architecture for our product. Our engineering team is highly independent, and we are looking for somebody who feels comfortable building out large features that touch every part of the stack and working directly with product/design or customers.
Why is this role important for our mission?
We have a small but skilled team of 4 engineers solving monumental issues that require careful design and implementation. We're looking for somebody to elevate our product and architecture implementation to the next level.
What you will do on a regular basis?
- Collaborating with product and design on building new features and capabilities for our product
- Contributing to the overall architecture, design, and development of our infrastructure as our company grows
- Managing and communicating software project schedules
- Building and developing processes to continuously improve engineering performance and quality
- 3+ years of experience building products and owning application architecture
- 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Experience scaling and working with large datasets
- Deep experience with Node.js, Postgres, Kubernetes, and React
- Actively coached and mentored engineers in their careers
- Experience working in a product development team (Product Managers / Designers / Engineers)
- Passionate about cities and making them better places to live
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
Bonus Points if…
- Engineering background in a domain relevant to data management, data analytics, or geospatial analytics
Please send the following:
- Your resume
- A few sentences about why are you interested in the role.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- NYC Gym Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation