Our mission is to help build the connected city of the future. Data will be the catalyst for urban change in this century and cities will need new tools to help manage this shift. We believe that the data generated within cities should be accessible, insightful, and actionable. Technology should empower our civil servants to spend more time solving real problems. We are helping cities and communities while also building a profitable business and returning revenue to municipal governments
What we do
STAE provides a single platform for all city data. Because data is stored on one platform with well-defined APIs it becomes much simpler for a city, its vendors and third-party developers to build tools that leverage all of a city’s services. Imagine a world where connected traffic infrastructure, public safety, and emergency services can communicate in real-time. When an accident is reported, a city can dynamically reroute traffic to clear the road for emergency response teams to arrive as quickly as possible, avoiding gridlock and saving lives.
Our core values
- Operate as a team, we over me.
- People first - everything we do, internally and externally, is for the benefit of humans.
- Empower employees to make decisions in the best interests of the company.
- Work to understand, accept, and embrace diversity.
- Constructively question the expected; disagree, but don’t dwell on differences of opinion.
- Deliver truth via open and honest communication. Default to transparency.
In the press
- https://techcrunch.com/2016/04/04/stae-wants-to-prepare-cities-for-the-future/ https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/24/stae-helps-cities-take-advantage-of-their-data/
- http://fortune.com/2016/04/06/who-owns-the-data/ https://thenewstack.io/city-service-helping-cities-see-value-data/
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced engineering manager with a great understanding of teams and process, who will be accountable for the engineering team’s performance and quality.
Why is this role important for our mission?
We have a small but very skilled team of 5 software engineers. We are looking for someone to come in and elevate this team’s performance to the next level. You will be the first and only engineer in a management position.
What you will do on a regular basis?
- Recruiting, managing, and maintaining a high performing engineering team
- Collaborating with technical leads and contributing to the overall architecture, design, and development of core projects
- Managing and communicating software project schedules
- Building and developing processes to continuously improve engineering performance and quality
- Working with the product team to ensure successful product rollouts
- Facilitating ongoing continuous feedback loops between engineers and external stakeholders
- Coaching and mentoring of the engineering team
- Interacting with your cross-functional peers (product, operation, success, marketing) to develop our growth strategy, long-term goals, and execution plans.
- Identifying new technologies and skill sets to bring into the team to keep the team moving forward on new challenges.
- 1+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- 3+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Actively coached and mentored engineers in their careers
- Experience working in a product development team (Product Managers / Designers / Engineers)
- Experience managing teams of at least 5 people
- Passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
- Experience with staffing, interviewing, retaining and building high performing teams.
Bonus Points if…
- Engineering background in a domain relevant to data management
- Experience introducing and growing a quick release development environment with short cycles.
Please send the following:
- Your resume
- A few sentences about why are you interested in the role.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- NYC Gym Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation