We're hiring an experienced, detail-oriented, hands on engineering manager to join our growing team and further build it out. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. Finally, this job requires hands on software development as an individual contributor, at least until the team grows larger.
About the role
- Help build and lead a great software team to deliver world-class products.
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Drive customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Establish a solid project framework and development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development.
- Until the team grows larger, perform part-time duties as an IC senior software engineer
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience, in a management role
- Full stack web development experience, working across the stack from the database, through the backend to the UI is a plus
- You’re a real problem solver that can understand and solve very complex issues. You’re curious, embrace challenges and see them as opportunities to learn new things
- Strong product sense: building for the user to solve their problems
- Entrepreneurial: can adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, understands the value of iterations
- You’re flexible and can easily shift between extremely quick and dirty POCs and gold plated launch products
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a can-do approach and positive impact on the team surrounding you
- Experience with Static Site Generators (e.g. Gatsby) and Headless/Decoupled CMSs (e.g. Contentful)
- Familiarity with the JAMstack movement
- Experience or history in working as part of a remote team