At Stackbit, we are empowering developers and designers to build the modern web with new tools.
Our main office is located in the Mission district in San Francisco, however most of our company is distributed around the world.
We're hiring a full stack engineer that will help us redefine how the web is built. Join Stackbit's founding engineering team and make a massive impact on the company's technology, products, culture, and success.
About the role
- Initiate, own and build new products and features, improve existing products and features
- Estimate, plan and execute at world class code quality, architecture and technologies
- Keep growing and expanding your development experience across the stack and to other technologies and platforms
- Participate in shaping the product: work with customers to solve their problems, delivering a great and delightful user experience.
- Communicate clearly with the team, be a mentor and a leader
- Work from anywhere in the world, we'll support your home office or a co-working space and keep meetings to a minimum
- Technologies we currently use: Node.JS, React, SSGs, all other JAMstack components
- 5+ years of professional full stack web development experience, working across the stack from the database, through the backend to the UI
- You're a real problem solver that can understand and solve very complex issues. You're curious, embrace challenges and see them as opportunities to learn new things
- Entrepreneurial: can adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, understands the value of iterations
- Product oriented: building for the user to solve their problems
- You're flexible and can easily shift between extremely quick and dirty POCs and gold plated launch products
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a can-do approach and positive impact on the team surrounding you
- Experience with Static Site Generators (e.g. Gatsby) and Headless/Decoupled CMSs (e.g. Contentful)
- Familiarity with the JAMstack movement
- Experience or history in working as part of a remote team