At Stackbit, we are empowering developers and designers to build the modern web with new tools.
Our main office is located in the Mission district in San Francisco, however most of our company is distributed around the world.
We're hiring a full stack designer that will help us redefine how the web is built. We're looking for a senior-level designer who can work on the company's brand, website, app, marketing material and more. Join Stackbit's founding team as our first designer and make a massive impact on the company's design, products, culture, and success.
About the role
- Initiate, own and design new products and features, improve existing products and features
- Estimate, plan and execute at world class code quality, architecture and technologies
- Express ideas and solutions through sketches, quick prototypes, and/or diagrams
- Keep growing and expanding your design experience
- Participate in shaping the product: work with customers to solve their problems, delivering a great and delightful user experience.
- Communicate clearly with the team, be a mentor and a leader
- Work from anywhere in the world, we'll support your home office or a co-working space and keep meetings to a minimum
- Tools we currently use: Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Storybook
- 5+ years of professional full stack design experience
- You're a real problem solver that can understand and solve very complex issues. You're curious, embrace challenges and see them as opportunities to learn new things
- Entrepreneurial: can adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, understands the value of iterations
- Product oriented: building for the user to solve their problems
- You're flexible and can easily shift between extremely quick and dirty POCs and gold plated launch products
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a can-do approach and positive impact on the team surrounding you
- Have cross-platform experience, as well as prototyping experience
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Coding experience
- Experience with modern web tools like Static Site Generators (e.g. Gatsby), Headless/Decoupled CMSs (e.g. Contentful)
- Familiarity with the JAMstack movement
- Experience or history in working as part of a remote team